Alan Hall (Good Guy) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:02 PM   #21
Sasheena
Do "bad guys" always rip people off? Some probably do. Do all of them? Probably not. I think that the best and simplest response to a thread like this, rather than going in with guns blazing, is to simply post links to the other pertinent threads so that people will know that this isn't the only thread about the aforementioned individual.

I thank the person who started this thread for using the BOI in the exact manner it is designed to be used. Thank you for sharing your honest opinion of the transaction. It is good that you do so.

For those who have not heard of the other side of Alan's dealings, please feel free to do a search on him.

(of course, if a good guy thread is started by the bad guy himself, that would require a whole different response as in deletion and further fines, etc.)

Old 02-03-2005, 09:40 PM   #22
jenn
Come on you guys! I mean starting in on a new member because of his dealings with Alan. I could see it if i made the post. But this is a new member and he has a right to post his dealings with Alan.

Old 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM   #23
E2MacPets
No one is attacking our new friend for posting about Alan. Sure there are suspicions as to his motivation (or rather Alan's motivation in sending him here), and honestly they are justified. But he is welcome to express his opinion and state the facts of his purchase, which in this case were positive.

We don't know Alan to be a bad guy in terms of his product. We know him to be unethical (understatement), greedy, and we know him to push the limits every chance he gets in getting his advertising through. We know him to be just as likely to advertise his cages as he is to backstab a resource such as this website where he was given such an opportunity as a moderator and used it to show bias in favor of his own products before attempting to sell information he gained here to JeffB that he hoped would destroy this site and bring him a share of the riches.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #24
DaveyFig
Quote:
We don't know Alan to be a bad guy in terms of his product. We know him to be unethical (understatement), greedy, and we know him to push the limits every chance he gets in getting his advertising through.
So Steve, Why exactly are you posting on this thread? What is it that you gain by "helping"? By showing what a bad guy Alan is, that kinda helps you with your own cage sales huh?( being an Animal Plastics distributor and all).
Is this about Alan not agreeing to selling his cages on your site right next to a competitor?
Alan had a good deal, and someone posted about it. One other person here posted their experience with Alan and it too was good. Seems like the only people who are posting negative against Alan are people who have not dealt with him.
Is it ethical to post your breeders for sale at inflated rates when you have no babies available in order to justify your site popping up at the top of a list when people do a search for Bell albinos?
Maybe we should attack husbandry issues too. Would that be fun for you Steve?
I would like to see someone come on here and say they got screwed on a purchase from Alan. That might justify an arguement about his sales on this forum. Other than that, I don't see what the arguement is. Alan did what he thought was ethical. I didn't think it was ethical and said that much in other threads. He chose to not stay quiet about something he believed was wrong, and thats why he is getting slammed.

Old 02-06-2005, 10:04 PM   #25
ms_terese
Quote:
Alan did what he thought was ethical. I didn't think it was ethical and said that much in other threads. He chose to not stay quiet about something he believed was wrong, and thats why he is getting slammed.
I'm not sure I agree with your assessment of what Alan thought or why he's getting slammed, but I totally agree that whatever happened isn't relevant to the quality of the enclosure that was sent, nor in his service to his customer.

It's wonderful to have so many options of whom to purchase from in this hobby! It wasn't so long ago that you were lucky to find what you needed in a local pet store. Now, with the proliferation of reptile shows in even smaller towns, and the plethora of online companies, it's much easier to make a purchase. As a matter of fact, there are SO many companies it's hard to make a choice. That's the beauty of the BOI, and Robert's post about his transaction with Alan is important for people to be able to evaluate.

Rarely is one person completely bad or entirely angelic. Seeing both sides is a good thing. Everyone gets to make their choice about whom to spend their money with.

Based on that previous situation, many people will never buy from Alan. There may be others who purchase from him becauseof it!

The bottom line is that there is plenty of information available about the situation between Alan/Jeff/Rich. That doesn't mean there's no room for additional or subsequent experiences or information. There's no need to attack the choice of doing business with Alan. Everyone has a right to spend their money how they wish, and with whom.

I do wonder why Alan would have referred someone to a site from which he's been (I believe) suspended, but stranger things have happened.

Robert, I'm really glad you're happy with your enclosure! Welcome to Fauna! There's lots of good information here...make good use of it! Don't forget there are photo forums if you want to show off that Cay Caulker!

Old 02-06-2005, 10:36 PM   #26
RKing611
Thanks Terese! Being new to snakes in general I have already found this site extremely helpful (had one bearded dragon before this). The Cay Caulker really is great and once I can get ahold of a friend's digital camera or get my own I will be sure to post some pics of her!
Robert King

Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 AM   #27
cka
Nice post, Terese...Robert, like she said, welcome to fauna...Many of this sites participants have very strong feelings about the situation between Rich, Alan and Jeff, but don't let any of that deter you from joining in and using the site for all it's worth...

...I have one of Alans ten tub racks...drove to Raleigh to pick it up...Alan dissassembled it for me and helped pack it in my car...shipped me the thermostat a coupla days later...it works great for what it is, altho i love the description someone not at all a fan of Alan called them... "clunky turds" lol....Would i buy from him again?...nope...too bad, too, he has some good ideas, but after it was all said and done what he did was wrong...peace and again enjoy the site, Robert

Old 02-07-2005, 12:53 AM   #28
GotBoids18
Alan is a good guy in my book, but I guess you could call that a bias opinion because I frequently chat with him online... I believe I was the first to purchase his new style of cages... I bought a five stack of 4x2x1's, gotta love the price... His service is great, the guy works from dawn til dusk, and sometimes dawn til dawn... The cages arrived sooner than I thought, and the packaging was unbelievable... I'd definitely purchase cages from him again... In fact, if he agrees, I'd like to have him come out to the house in Chicago and refinish my basement with custom acrylics...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!