For Sale Hatchling Blackthroat Monitors U.S.C.B. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Monitors

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Wolfy-hound
Hatchling Blackthroat Monitors U.S.C.B.

That's right, hatched right here in the USA, from eggs laid by my Moggie, sired by my Wilson.

I have two babies available, gorgeous animals, eating everything in sight. They will and have eaten crickets, mealworms(although they don't prefer the mealies), egg, ground turkey(not a preferred diet), F/T pinkies and F/T chopped rat.

I offered the ground turkey when the local supplier was unexpectedly out of crickets, and to see if they would indeed eat it. They ate it as well as everything else.

Captive bred reptiles!! Not imports!! Only $200 each, obro.

The catch?? I would PREFER not to ship, but will hand deliver within a reasonable distance, in NE florida(will drive as far as Orlando/tampa).

Thanks for looking at my ad! Please feel free to contact me via PM here, or email me.
Theresa Baker
No Legs and More
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
BansheeRacer25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
That's right, hatched right here in the USA, from eggs laid by my Moggie, sired by my Wilson.

I have two babies available, gorgeous animals, eating everything in sight. They will and have eaten crickets, mealworms(although they don't prefer the mealies), egg, ground turkey(not a preferred diet), F/T pinkies and F/T chopped rat.

I offered the ground turkey when the local supplier was unexpectedly out of crickets, and to see if they would indeed eat it. They ate it as well as everything else.

Captive bred reptiles!! Not imports!! Only $200 each, obro.

The catch?? I would PREFER not to ship, but will hand deliver within a reasonable distance, in NE florida(will drive as far as Orlando/tampa).

Thanks for looking at my ad! Please feel free to contact me via PM here, or email me.
Theresa Baker
No Legs and More
Any pics of the breeding and eggs piping?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #3
Reptilian74
She definitely produced them. She had posted on a few forums about it.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
AtrociousOne
what part of florida are you in? anywhere near pensacola?

Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #5
BansheeRacer25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilian74 View Post
She definitely produced them. She had posted on a few forums about it.
Never said she didnt. I wouldnt buy a monitor that is not commonly captive bred without pics. If she posts pics im sure she will sell them faster and there will be no doubts.

Good luck.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:05 PM   #6
Wolfy-hound
I don't have pics of them pipping... if you've ever dealt with monitors hatching, it's not like pythons where they poke out noses. They sort of POP out, so here's a pic of the embryo in the egg...

Laying pic

This should be a link to the youtube video of the egg being candled so you see movement...
http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyhou.../1/fSankQ4DRhY

I have threads on several forums about the breeding and laying, and hatching.
There's also a video of the babys on my youtube account I believe.

I'm just south of Jacksonville Florida.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
CONGRATS! I am so happy to see that the babies hatched!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #8
TattooLost
I will gladly vouch for Wolfy. I've been watching and talking to her well before, and was as excited as she was about mating, then eggs. Sadly, many eggs didn't survive, but these two did. Awesome babies hon! Wish I could take 'em!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread

Tags
captive bred, hatchling, monitor