Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #51
ShadowAceD
I never once said that is was not questionable that this gentleman backed out of the deal the way he did by hiking the price. Not once did I claim that.

What still eludes me is the justification for automatically labeling him as a bad guy. No one got hurt in this deal. No one lost money, no one lost an animal, no one recieved a misrepresented item. No deal was actually completed.

Again, an information thread would have been more appropriate.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #52
scarnicom
Thank you to all who are giving me the benifit of the doubt, and to those who aren't I can promise you I am not. But a promise is not what it once use to be. Shout out to Shelby Perkins, Thank you for the BOI "GOOD GUY" Tread.
Again I apologized to Josh, was professional and tried to make the best of an ugly situation. Yes what I did was wrong and I know that but I was doing some research and found the cheapest albino burm I could find was 220+ shipping. As most people are in the same situation I am these days, Money is tight why not try to get the full potential out of the animal. No money was ever transfered no one got hurt financially, so it's all still good. I don't see why I'm a BAD GUY cause I'm upping my price on an excellent animal. If I was a so called skammer I would have taken his money and never responded to any of his mails. No phone call was ever made, because I didn't let it get taken that far.
Again Josh I apologize and as I can see you have some hard feelings, yet one day I hope you oversee them.
Thank you all;

Old 05-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #53
ShadowAceD
Stephen, can you post the e-mails of your apology and corresponding replies from Josh?

Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #54
scarnicom
Also thank you Diem, for not making me out to be a horrible person.

Also here is the entire email conversation, not just the bad parts. from bottom to top in order.

you literally said "ill do 165 shipped" dont get greedy dude. take up the other offers if you want but it will cost you your reputation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Josh Fosburg <fozistheman@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 1:01:26 PM
Subject: Re: burm pics

LOL, your crazy, I just checked it out. I apologize, but I was unaware of the value of the albino. Do what you must, but I'm not going to sell a 250 dollar albino for 165 shipped. Imade a mistake and nothing was finalized at all. I have several other hits that happened last night, and people are wanting to take me up ont the 210 shipped, so pass it up if you must.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: stephen carnicom <stephencarnicom@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:10:25 PM

are you kidding me? what are you talking about?. you cant up the price after we negotiated. we already agreed on a price dude. it is settled. just because you sold a snake for cheap and found out its worth more is not my problem. it is yours. YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE. no going back now. im not paying 210. ill pay 165 shipped as we agreed and thats final. if you back out, there will be repercussions. you want the 165 for the snake or the bad rep on fauna. im already starting my BOI on you. i will not post it if you follow through on your original price. let me know what you wanna do. . . .

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 4:14:27 AM

Hey just figured out actual cost of albino burms is pushing the 250's+ shipping. best I can do now is 210 shipped. sorry.

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 11:14:05 PM

I could do 165 shipped.

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:31:33 PM

yea for sure. i like the color. nice white. i prefer the bright orange on this one opposed to some of the yellow looking ones. would you do $150 shipped?

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:26:23 PM

It's fine, but i'm not really looking for trades right now. Thank you though. did you get the pics?

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:23:19 PM

i accidentally sent you someone elses email about the pastel. lol. i have some stuff for trade too. you interested in a trade? thanks.

To: fozistheman@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:12:37 PM
Subject: burm pics

here are a couple more

Old 05-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #55
scarnicom
Again I know what I did on my part was wrong, but he didn't have to flip out and threaten me like that. I am honestly not a bad guy.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #56
ShadowAceD
I think this is more an issue of a buyer being mad about not getting an animal for a cheaper price than him being geninuely concerned of people doing business with you in the future. Again, I can understand it, but how it was dealt with was not appropriate.

I stand by my initial statements of this Bad Guy Thread being unwarranted in that the deal was not closed and no one lost anything.

Stephen, my advice to you is learn from this and be aware of the market regarding your animals prior to making any offers or looking into accepting others. I do not believe you are a Bad Guy, not even in the least, but you do need to learn a bit more about proper business practices. If you do that, then this thread will one day become inconsequential when you have a hard earned reputation that can negate it.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #57
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarnicom View Post
Thank you to all who are giving me the benifit of the doubt, and to those who aren't I can promise you I am not. But a promise is not what it once use to be. Shout out to Shelby Perkins, Thank you for the BOI "GOOD GUY" Tread.
Your right... you broke yours. You said you would sell the animal for $165... and you broke it when you found out you might could get more.

Quote:
Again I apologized to Josh, was professional and tried to make the best of an ugly situation. Yes what I did was wrong and I know that but ...
You knew it was wrong... but you did it anyways. Remind me again why I shouldnt be calling him a bad guy

Quote:
... but I was doing some research and found the cheapest albino burm I could find was 220+ shipping. As most people are in the same situation I am these days, Money is tight why not try to get the full potential out of the animal.
Trust me... I know all about the money situation being tight... Im right there with ya.... I feel your pain. HOWEVER... you are the one that originally set the price. You should have either stuck with that price... or did your research before hand. You dont up the price in the middle of a transaction.

Quote:
No money was ever transfered no one got hurt financially, so it's all still good. I don't see why I'm a BAD GUY cause I'm upping my price on an excellent animal.
Im afraid you may be wrong... you might get hurt financially... folks will wonder if you are going to up the price on them... and maybe look elsewhere. You got the bad guy label because you upped your price in the middle of a transaction.

Quote:
If I was a so called skammer I would have taken his money and never responded to any of his mails. No phone call was ever made, because I didn't let it get taken that far.
Again Josh I apologize and as I can see you have some hard feelings, yet one day I hope you oversee them.
Thank you all;
I dont think anyone ever said you were a scammer

Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #58
Southern Wolf
Hey Deb... it was about a 3 hour window from agreed price to jackin it up

Quote:
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 4:14:27 AM

Hey just figured out actual cost of albino burms is pushing the 250's+ shipping. best I can do now is 210 shipped. sorry.

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks

Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #59
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I dont think anyone ever said you were a scammer
I think this may more be in relation to Josh posting on his ads in the classified section and labeling him as a "trickster".

Old 05-15-2010, 08:32 PM   #60
chongorojo
I would deff say using the BOI as an ax to threaten the seller in to sticking to his word is just not the way to go about things and leaves a crappy taste in my mouth but I'm sticking to the fact that a deal was made PERIOD maybe he should have done his research BEFORE commiting to selling the animal for so cheap... if this was retail the OP would win hands down that's why we have weights and measures to keep everything honest!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!