Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
You mean bait and switch? Deb?

Old 05-15-2010, 04:09 PM   #12
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I am reading the whole thread... and with what I have read up to this point.... Im glad the OP posted this. The seller quoted a price and the buyer agreed... then the seller decides to try and get more $$$ from the buyer after the deal has been made.

If what is posted by the OP is true... then the seller deserves to get burnt by the heading.
waaaaaaiiiittt...As many times as we have all agreed that transactions are not finalized until money has exchanged hands?

As many times as we have agreed that up to that point of money exchanging hands either party has the right to change their minds?

Sorry, I disagree with your assessment of the situation. No money has exchanged hands. Buyers always agree to buy something and change their minds or don't follow through with the transaction. In my opinion (yeah, I know, I know...), if those buyers that changed their minds on a transaction and backed out, don't deserve a "Bad Guy" thread, neither does a seller.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
tinmantribe5
The guy had the right to back out until deposit or money changed hands ,but way way way
"Unethical" next time give a heads up just be a lil more slow to charge in the BOI and list someone a BadGuy or Gal! A question is better to proceed with and please let him know about your acusation please so we can hear both sides.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #14
foz223
Ok. What if you went to a store to buy a tv. You pick out the one you like and take it to the register and are fully commited to buying it and they say "hold it, I know it says we are selling them for $500 but the store Down the street is selling them for $650. So regardless of what our price tag says, we are going to sell them for more now because we Found out they are worth more. I'm just sayin it's bad business. And you shouldn't change your prices and expect it to fly.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #15
foz223
FYI I did inform him I was writing a BOI on him. . .

Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Buyers always agree to buy something and change their minds or don't follow through with the transaction. In my opinion (yeah, I know, I know...), if those buyers that changed their minds on a transaction and backed out, don't deserve a "Bad Guy" thread, neither does a seller.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmantribe5 View Post
The guy had the right to back out until deposit or money changed hands ,but way way way
While I see the argument for an inquiry thread. I think I would have done a bad guy thread also. The difference I see here is: the seller did not "back out" of the sale. He raised the price after the buyer had negotiated terms which he agreed to. It is a tough situation though, as the seller clearly did not do his research about prices before agreeing to the $165 (although I have no idea what the snake is actually worth).

The best analogy I can come up with is if you went to a car dealer and negotiated a price for a new car and the dealer agreed that they would sell you the car for $10,000. However, some time later (there is no e-mail header to indicate time stamp on the final email) the dealer called you to say "sorry I double checked the prices at other lots and I cannot sell you the car at that price, it will now cost you $12,700." I would be LIVID and would report them to the better business bureau for bait and switch tactics.

I also think that any tactic/method of bait and switch absolutely makes you a bad guy. But that is just my opinion.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #17
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by foz223 View Post
Ok. What if you went to a store to buy a tv. You pick out the one you like and take it to the register and are fully commited to buying it and they say "hold it, I know it says we are selling them for $500 but the store Down the street is selling them for $650. So regardless of what our price tag says, we are going to sell them for more now because we Found out they are worth more. I'm just sayin it's bad business. And you shouldn't change your prices and expect it to fly.
I totally understand. I think I can safely say we ALL understand, and we all agree with you.

Regardless, it is HIS animal; you have no given him any money towards the animal. Thus his business tactics at this point do not constitute a "Bad Guy."

I am sure that there may have been times that some of us that have admired an animal and asked the buyer to hold the animal, only to later back out of the deal for various reasons (true or false) would not want to have to suffer a "Bad Guy" thread simply because we changed our minds, or a better deal came along?

Old 05-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
tinmantribe5
No arguments from me I just would buy anymore "Cars from that Car dealer!

Old 05-15-2010, 04:40 PM   #19
ShadowAceD
I agree with Deb and stand by my own decision on the situation.

If people can get Bad Guy Threads started on them just because they decided to shift the price on something before money was exchanged, before the deal was finalized and before the animal was in transit or delivered, then consequently, it would be logical to put up Bad Guy Threads on any buyer who agrees to purchase an animal for a stated price, goes back and forth with the seller about their interests and about how they want it and then, at the last minute state "Sorry, not interested at that price, I'd rather it be lower."

Seriously, that is not even remotely fair.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #20
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
While I see the argument for an inquiry thread. I think I would have done a bad guy thread also. The difference I see here is: the seller did not "back out" of the sale. He raised the price after the buyer had negotiated terms which he agreed to. It is a tough situation though, as the seller clearly did not do his research about prices before agreeing to the $165 (although I have no idea what the snake is actually worth).

The best analogy I can come up with is if you went to a car dealer and negotiated a price for a new car and the dealer agreed that they would sell you the car for $10,000. However, some time later (there is no e-mail header to indicate time stamp on the final email) the dealer called you to say "sorry I double checked the prices at other lots and I cannot sell you the car at that price, it will now cost you $12,700." I would be LIVID and would report them to the better business bureau for bait and switch tactics.

I also think that any tactic/method of bait and switch absolutely makes you a bad guy. But that is just my opinion.
I totally understand your point. However, let me point out that in your example if you have signed no contract yet, and no money has exchanged hands, then the dealer is not legally obligated to sell you the car at the price agreed on. At this point you are both still "negotiating" in my opinion.

And..... with no paperwork to back up your claim then it's possible that the BBB would ignore your report too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!