Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #21
tinmantribe5
Its kinda like 4 corners with a car dealer on each corner Ford,Chevy,Dodge,Toyota
well we all know that Toyotas has problems,but the more you bag on them the more of their Customers that will say they are Loyal members!(If hes a bad guy let him hang himself!)
A bad Built Ship will sink on its Own without any help!

Old 05-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
scaledverts
Like I said, it is a tough situation. I guess to me it breaks down to someone doing something unethical. Being unethical in a business transaction = bad guy in my book. Others may disagree and that is fine.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #23
deborahbroadus
Quote:
****Hey just figured out actual cost of albino burms is pushing the 250's+ shipping. best I can do now is 210 shipped. sorry.

To: stephen carnicom <stephencarnicom@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM
Subject: Re: burm pics

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks

Stephen, I am curious. The other emails have headings. What's the heading of the last email when he changed his mind (the one with ****).

Old 05-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #24
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
JOSH, I am curious. The other emails have headings. What's the heading of the last email when he changed his mind (the one with ****).
Oooops..sorry Mean JOSH.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
waaaaaaiiiittt...As many times as we have all agreed that transactions are not finalized until money has exchanged hands?

As many times as we have agreed that up to that point of money exchanging hands either party has the right to change their minds?

Sorry, I disagree with your assessment of the situation. No money has exchanged hands. Buyers always agree to buy something and change their minds or don't follow through with the transaction. In my opinion (yeah, I know, I know...), if those buyers that changed their minds on a transaction and backed out, don't deserve a "Bad Guy" thread, neither does a seller.

Deb... since me and you have chatted about one of your animals... I will use you as an example.

Lets say I contact you while I am at work about an female albino BP... you say you have one (which I know you dont ) and that she will cost me $350. I agree to the amount you set, and I tell you that I will get you paid when I get home because I dont have access to the funds at work.

I get home from work and get ready to send the money your way for payment and I get an email from you stating that you have looked online and found out you priced your animal too low and now want $450 for the BP.

The deal was done... I agreed to your original price, but you are now changing the deal in mid transaction. That is the makings of a bad guy in my book.

I will agree with you that no money changed hands... and that buyers back out all the time after they say they will buy something. In my way of thinking... this is a completely different situation because a price WAS agreed to, but the seller decided to get greedy because he found out he could possibly make more money. He changed the terms of the sale in mid transaction. To me this is worse than a buyer just deciding they dont want the animal afterall... because quite frankly... Im not taking the animal down for sale until I have money in hand.

If my way of thinking is skewed... then enlighten me... and I will consider changing my way of thinking... but I feel Im right on the mark with this one.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #26
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by pturley View Post
I would tend to disagree. They had a agreement to purchase at an agreed upon price and "scarnicom" broke their agreement. Technically speaking, it is breach of contract.

IMO: Definately worthy of a BOI thread.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley
Ummm, "technically" speaking, it isn't a breach of contract as they had not yet entered into a legally binding contract...

Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 PM   #27
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
Deb... since me and you have chatted about one of your animals... I will use you as an example.

Lets say I contact you while I am at work about an female albino BP... you say you have one (which I know you dont ) and that she will cost me $350. I agree to the amount you set, and I tell you that I will get you paid when I get home because I dont have access to the funds at work.

I get home from work and get ready to send the money your way for payment and I get an email from you stating that you have looked online and found out you priced your animal too low and now want $450 for the BP.

The deal was done... I agreed to your original price, but you are now changing the deal in mid transaction. That is the makings of a bad guy in my book.

I will agree with you that no money changed hands... and that buyers back out all the time after they say they will buy something. In my way of thinking... this is a completely different situation because a price WAS agreed to, but the seller decided to get greedy because he found out he could possibly make more money. He changed the terms of the sale in mid transaction. To me this is worse than a buyer just deciding they dont want the animal afterall... because quite frankly... Im not taking the animal down for sale until I have money in hand.

If my way of thinking is skewed... then enlighten me... and I will consider changing my way of thinking... but I feel Im right on the mark with this one.
I'm waiting for an answer to my question to Josh about the heading of the last email. The timeing may change MY mind. IMO, a lot hinges on how fast the seller changed his mind, but it doesn't look like Josh explained what took so long to send the money after the agreement. How long was it after the agreement that the seller had time to change his mind...

In our example, I assume that as soon as the price is agreed on..the money is on the way..so either of us actually COULD post a Bad Guy thread then.

But in short..there was no SALE. He stated a price, but the buyer hadn't LOCKED in the price. I am not saying that I agree with the seller's methods. I'm just saying that imo the transaction didn't rate a "Bad Guy" thread.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
Like I said, it is a tough situation. I guess to me it breaks down to someone doing something unethical. Being unethical in a business transaction = bad guy in my book. Others may disagree and that is fine.

There have been alot of people on the BOI that have been labeled (and dare I say... proven) to be a bad guy because of unethnical business dealings. Just because money didnt exchange hands doesn't mean you cant be a bad guy in business.

You take someone that doctors their for sale photos to make them look better than they really are... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

You take someone that steals other people photos and represents them as their own.... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

You take someone that sells the same animal over and over using the same photo.... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

The point I am trying to make is this.... Bad Business Ethics = Bad Guy. Maybe... just maybe... the fact that these issues getting brought out before money changes hands will save someone from having to fight to get their money back. If your gonna do shady stuff in the beginning... then your gonna do shady stuff when something goes wrong with the transaction.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
deborahbroadus
Quote:

Ok, let me answer this from another perspective. In this example the price was agreed to and you gave me a time frame in which to expect the money. If I changed on you in this example, I would be worthy of a Bad Guy thread. Hence me wanting to see the answer regarding the heading of the last email.

Changing minds, last I heard, was not a crime, raising prices is not a crime..but in this instance, he picked a bad time to change his mind..does that mean he's a "bad guy" or "unethical" he may have felt that the OP was lowballing him when he found out how much the animals go for.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:35 PM   #30
chongorojo
Quote:

There have been alot of people on the BOI that have been labeled (and dare I say... proven) to be a bad guy because of unethnical business dealings. Just because money didnt exchange hands doesn't mean you cant be a bad guy in business.

You take someone that doctors their for sale photos to make them look better than they really are... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

You take someone that steals other people photos and represents them as their own.... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

You take someone that sells the same animal over and over using the same photo.... are they not bad guys even though money hasnt changed hands.

The point I am trying to make is this.... Bad Business Ethics = Bad Guy. Maybe... just maybe... the fact that these issues getting brought out before money changes hands will save someone from having to fight to get their money back. If your gonna do shady stuff in the beginning... then your gonna do shady stuff when something goes wrong with the transaction.

(If all the proof is accurate!)

A verbal agrement was made between a seller and a buyer (who is always given the most benefit of doubt?... the buyer) That is just a bout the same as a hand shake followed by spit in the eye I'm my opinion... and really would ANY REPUTABLE seller raise their selling point with a deal made?? I know I sure as heck wouldn't especially for $85!! We all have buyers back out after telling us they will take the animal, nature of a luxury business but thhats when you put them on the cash up front list! (Well at least I do)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!