Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #41
ShadowAceD
Okay, I did not see any e-mails regarding address exchange, PayPal information exchanged or even any information on how the payment was to be made. This was not a done deal. Whether anyone wants to look at it that way or not is not up to me, but logically, it is not a done deal.

If the guy had his cursor over the PayPal button or over any payment button, or if he had mailed out the payment already and if the seller had already told him when he was planning to ship and had the buyer's address, that would be a done deal. However, that is not the case here. If I had contacted you for that theoretically deal and that is what you did to me without me having sent my address or without me having set up my PayPal account to pay you, or without me having been ready to send that payment at that exact moment, I would decline and go elsewhere.

I would not post a Bad Guy Thread about you. I may post an information thread about you, but I would hardly think that makes you a Bad Guy by what the BOI is supposed to represent.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #42
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I still fail to see how that warrants a Bad Guy Thread.
So, it is ok to verbally agree to a price you put forth and then suddenly change your mind AFTER agreeing to a price?

Not in my book

Old 05-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #43
ShadowAceD
A verbal agreement without cash involved is just words. It's unfortunate and it makes the individual questionable, but, again, it does not warrant a negative mark against them on a forum checked by hundreds of people seeking out animals.

So, you agree to a price in words and the seller changes the price. Well, that sucks, but are you out anything? No. You're not out any money and you are not really out an animal as it was never yours to begin with and would not be yours until you actually pay for it.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #44
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post
So, it is ok to verbally agree to a price you put forth and then suddenly change your mind AFTER agreeing to a price?

Not in my book
Especially since it was the seller that set the original price.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #45
chongorojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaledverts View Post

Not in my book

Wavering on a price is one thing but he said $165 that means $165 not well let's see if I can get more.. either way I ask the seller if all this is worth $85?

Old 05-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #46
scaledverts
Quote:
And if people really want to keep using car dealerships as an example, please think of the "ethics" or car salesmen or even the "ethics" of many doctors. They are unfair comparisons to be using in this situation.
I am not quite sure what you are getting at here. The way I read this is that we have preconceived notions that car dealer's ethics are not good so we should not be surprised that they would do something like this. However, I do not see how this is an unfair comparison. To me, a reputable reptile seller should have impeccable ethics both in business dealings and animal husbandry. So, if something like this happens it would be even worse in my view. If I am misunderstanding what you meant, please clarify for me.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #47
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post

Wavering on a price is one thing but he said $165 that means $165 not well let's see if I can get more.. either way I ask the seller if all this is worth $85?
No one is obligated to sell their animals until the animal is paid for in full.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:55 PM   #48
Southern Wolf
Quote:
A verbal agreement without cash involved is just words.
And thus the reason this country is going to (see mods... I can change )

No one wants to stand behind what they say anymore. They dont have any pride in themselves or the integerity to stand behind their word. If you make a deal with me for whatever price... I expect you to stick to that deal... not change it on me halfway thru the transaction.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #49
scaledverts
Quote:
A verbal agreement without cash involved is just words.
True, but agreed upon words just the same. Without confidence in what a seller says to you, their sales are sure to be slow until they fix it.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #50
Southern Wolf
Quote:
No one is obligated to sell their animals until the animal is paid for in full.

How can you pay for it in full if the seller changes the details of the transaction in the middle of things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!