Egg Formation - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-22-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
Xavier
Egg Formation

Hello,
I've recently noticed in one of my females which is about to lay what seems new egg forming these ones are above the larger ones almost in the center of her belly and reddish. I'm not surprised and would think when eggs are about to be laid there is already another set growing. Does anyone happen to know how early eggs form before the previous clutch is laid?
Thanks
Xavier

Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 PM   #2
geckogrl6
Well, I'm not sure about this, but you may want to consider the possibility of her being eggbound. If that's the case, you need to get her to lay right now!

Old 01-22-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
robin d.
xavier, chances are what you are seeing is her ovulating , getting ready to produce more eggs.. she should be getting ready to very soon... just keep an eye on her but i bet by the next few days to week she lays her eggs

Old 01-23-2005, 01:45 AM   #4
aliceinwl
I agree with Robin, I see this in my girls too.
-Alice

Old 01-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #5
Manhattan Herps
once my females start showing that in their bellies and they have eggs, about 3-5 days later they lay the eggs, i checked one of my females last night and she had what you explained,. and i just found 2 more fertile eggs from her about 4 minutes ago

keep her lay box moist and keep a close eye on her, like robin said

Old 01-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckogrl6
Well, I'm not sure about this, but you may want to consider the possibility of her being eggbound. If that's the case, you need to get her to lay right now!
No opinions please thats not waht I'm looking for, thanks everyone else one of the females which I spoke of just laid and the other is going on her 3rd clutch for me this season

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!