Are you a LURKER? - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Why I don't post on Fauna
I'm new to reptiles & don't want to look stupid 37 15.95%
I don't have time to post on forums - you guys need to get a life 7 3.02%
You people are mean, rude, or just generally not nice 25 10.78%
I posted once, but got ignored 19 8.19%
Everytime I think of something to say, somebody beats me to it 36 15.52%
I know more about reptiles than any of you people 13 5.60%
I want to post, but can't figure out how 3 1.29%
I only browse forums when I am bored & need entertainment 36 15.52%
I don't know how to post pics 4 1.72%
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know 1 0.43%
Other 86 37.07%
What are you talking about? I post all the time 34 14.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2009, 01:20 AM   #71
Uroboros
There should be a "what are you talking about? I post constantly" choice, just in case regs drop in :P

Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #72
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanAng420 View Post
Well, I have to be honest here.
I am very much a lurker, and I usually use this website for information that has previously been posted and to browse the classified section. There have been a few times i've considered cancelling my membership here... From the responses i've received and seen from others, it seems to me as if there is a select group of "popular" members who can say anything they want, however they want, whenever they want, to whoever they want...I don't feel comfortable posting my opinions or answering questions I know the answer to because a.) I don't want to be verbally assaulted and b.) even if I did post, my response would be worth a big, stinky pile of dung because i'm not one of those "popular" members. So normally I just stay quiet. Except for right now I guess; and I can imagine I will regret even posting this.
hehe. Sometimes, the group does seem to be a little put-offing. You have to elbow your way around sometimes.

If everyone agreed with me, I'd get bored and move somewhere else.

a) If you're posting on the BOI, post what you know and can show is the truth. If people bad mouth you, show that they are badmouthing the truth.

b) How are you going to be one of the popular people by being quiet? IMO, no opinion is worth a big stinky pile of dung. There are plenty of opinions I wouldn't trade a pile of dung for. If you know what you're doing is right, or that it is working for you, it's worth way more than that. There is NOT one way to care for any one species of animal. Ask 9 successful people and you'll get at least 5 different answers.

Be loud, be proud! Do what you can, and to the best you can at it. Many of these people that get beat up are people that buy a burm without knowing that it will get 14' or that are trying to sell it for the same reason (just an example, there are a million other ways to be irresponsible).

Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #73
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboros View Post
There should be a "what are you talking about? I post constantly" choice, just in case regs drop in :P
Somebody needs to look at the poll options

Old 06-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #74
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Somebody needs to look at the poll options
I swear to God that wasn't there before. I'm 99% confident as I was the first to pick that option.

lol

Old 06-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #75
h3llc4t
I lurk because many of the members keep species that I don't, and I just don't have much to say. There's definitely the "good ol' boy" factor working there too. I've tried a few times to hang around the chat room in an attempt to get to know people, but I rarely have anything to add to the conversations.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:33 PM   #76
BBNewYork
I feel like I can't play with the big boys and girls, so i'll just hang out on top of the monkey bars where they can't see me.
You want proof? I volunteer at an animal shelter and received a debilitating leg-bite from the most vicious dog I have ever seen - a 200lb. caucasian ovcharka. YET, I am still scared of being bitten by my ball-python, which doesn't even know I exist.
Point-taken?

Old 11-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #77
V^^V
I was very active on other forums. Left them all with no intension to return. Hated the clan like tudes. Just joined this one. Lookin for a place to share pics of mine and check out other folks animals. No BS please. Don't care what took place elsewhere.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 AM   #78
harrellharrell
I was another that voted I post all the time... Harald should have made an option for those of us whose lives suck and can only post when they have internet access. We're very active when we get the chance.

Fauna is a community. Just like every community ther will be people you like, people you don't, those that intimidate you and those that are intimidated by you. Don't forget that these are all the other "freaky snake people" out there and you share common ground, if not the same opinions.

The reason we have the "good old boy" thing going is that we post and get to know eachother. If you feel left out (and I did at first, also I'm gonna tread very carefully here as not to be rude) it could be that you have preconcieved notions that we all have always known eachother and that you wouldn't fit in. If that's what you expect, that's what you'll get. Remember this:

Expectations are pre-meditated resentments.

We haven't all always gotten along and most of us met here on this forum.

I'm now doing some weird gushy rambling thing...
Shutting up in 5 4 3 2 1

Melissa

Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #79
evilcowboy420
::

Quote:
All my reptiles keep dying, and I don't want anyone to know
lol this one made me laugh. I don't think I would mention it if this was the case lol.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #80
pythonjim
admitted lurker

yes, it is true; I am a lurker and now Ive been called out. This is my first response being a new member and all and would like to say "hello" to every one on fauna! I also have severe retic addiction and hopeto use this as a support group. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!