Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 26 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2010, 02:44 PM   #251
amercnwmn
I have been in contact with several people from other forums to help get the word out there is a possible problem. So far Redtailboa.com has published a warning. I'm hoping several other forums will follow suit, even if it goes against their TOS.

I feel if ANYONE is selling potentially IBD infected sick snakes, and there is THIS much proof existing to support the possibility of a spread, the reptile community should be notified.

I hate doing this, because if I'm wrong, I'll look like an idiot..(sadly, NOT the first time & probably not the last..)
But, I'll take the heat if the BEST should happen and everything is fine.

I'd rather risk looking like a "paranoid idiot" as I have been called, than have a bunch of people's collections be affected by IBD and other illnesses/parasites.

Chlamydia is contagious among several species of reptiles & amphibians, and it WAS found in the necropsy of the Burmese Python.
Not much is known about the zoonotic capacity of chlamydia strains, but it IS contagious. I can try to find out more from Dr. Jacobson after the holidays.

I feel there is no choice BUT to try to spread the word there are definitely issues of mites and Chlamydia in the collection, as well as a POSITIVE IBD test, and poor quarantine has been evident since that time.

It's NOT personal, however the more that has been revealed, the more disgusted, disappointed, and frankly, p!$$ed off, I become.

I would expect the same reaction from others if I were/had been selling/breeding snakes under similar conditions.

Old 12-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #252
amercnwmn
Sorry, should clarify, as Ashley brought it to my attention via PM:
The burm's chlamydia test on the brain showed negative, however the report states:
"A few magenta stained minute granules of uniform size ..are loosely aggregated in the cytoplasm....This is most likely some form of secretory granule and could also represent Chlamydia or a related organism"

Old 12-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #253
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by amercnwmn View Post
I have been in contact with several people from other forums to help get the word out there is a possible problem. So far Redtailboa.com has published a warning. I'm hoping several other forums will follow suit, even if it goes against their TOS.
http://www.redtailboas.com/forum/hea...ollection.html

Old 12-18-2010, 05:52 PM   #254
AddictedToBoas
Even if all her tests come back negative you aren't going to look like an idiot. This has brought up a lot of issues that all around deem her a poor breeder. Even if IBD hadn't been the issue and it had been just mites, or something a lot less scary, I would STILL never buy from her.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #255
Drew Zaun
Chlamydia may be fairly common. Probably one of those bacteria that are kept in check until some issue arises that allows it to spread uncontrollably. One type of chlamydia is psittacosis and is very common in birds, people, and even reptiles. Often it does not present an issue but if allowed it can present range of issues, such as RI, regurge etc.

As for even if Ashley's collection proves clear of IBD, there is still the original animal with inclusions, suspicious death(s), perhaps it stayed there and did not spread further.

Also she has been exposed as someone who does not know the definition of quarantine and does not take the issue seriously. That alone is enough to stay far away since a great number of diseases could come in and be spread through her herp room.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #256
Adrya
Amercnwmn, why the hell is Sakara PMing you trying to correct you and having you post what she said, instead of posting here and attempting to correct things herself? She needs to quit third-partying.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #257
hboyles66
I believe Ashley has been on RTB.com taking about how she will not post on the BOI because everyone is misreading her info. I am not sure I understand that because she hasn't posted much info on the BOI. Mosy of it has come from RTB forums, pics, and people that she has given mite ridden animals too. She is just trying to hide from the truth that she is a very sub par breeder, since she considers her self a breeder. I know I would never buy anything from her no matter how nice she seems to my face. This has to be one of the most obvious displays of neglagence I have seen in awhile. I realize there are probably much worse herpers out there but Ashley has put her sub par performance out there for everyone to see. I am glad that RTB.com has allowed a post of her recklessness to be posted so as to help stop the spread of her animals into peopls collection who actually care for their snakes.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #258
hboyles66
I also would like to send my sympothies to all those effected by Ashley's truely crappy display of what the herp world is all about. We should be able to buy our snakes without fear of the breeder being a liar like Ashley but that is only in a perfect world. To some the all mighty dollar is more inportant than the well being of the animals which IMO is truely a horrible thing as these animals did not ask for Ashley to treat the like she does.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #259
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrya View Post
Amercnwmn, why the hell is Sakara PMing you trying to correct you and having you post what she said, instead of posting here and attempting to correct things herself? She needs to quit third-partying.
Not sure
Maybe hoping it'll just go away?
Maybe just has no more to say on the matter..

I agree, she should be here facing the music, so to speak.

Ashley, you can't honestly claim you "didn't know.."

The information was there, and other people tried NUMEROUS times to advise you against selling/breeding given the circumstances of the IBD threat.

I agree, Hank.

I'm glad it has been allowed to be posted on other websites.

Personally I think threads that involve the health & well-being of animals, potential spread of disease/parasites/illness, as well as information proving people are scammers, should be shared with the community.
There has to exist a level of "proof" in the accusations, however.

It seems perfectly acceptable to allow people to share vital health care information based on hearsay, and WITH ZERO experience behind the advice on the forums, but NOT share warnings about PROVEN issues.

The links could be provided, let people read it here, and have the thread closed on the other forums, so any comments would have to be made on the BOI..At least the info would be there for people to see.

There are tons of people in the reptile community, many aren't even members of the online forums, by networking information such as this, it could save people whose livelihoods depend on breeding/selling snakes, and those whose collections mean more to them than all the money in the world.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #260
ozz465
Man this thread is a real eye opener , just getting in bp's myself it makes me even more insistent with proper quarantine and to be rather selective from who i buy . thx for all those here who posted info regarding this .,

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd