Bad Guy Andre Mondin - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #11
ranarussell
Sep 15, 2017 Payment to Andre Mondin
Completed
-$500.00 USD
Sep 12, 2017 Payment to Andre Mondin
Completed
-$500.00 USD
Aug 28, 2017 Payment to Andre Mondin
Completed
-$500.00 USD
Aug 25, 2017 Payment to Andre Mondin
Completed
-$500.00 USD

Old 11-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #12
ranarussell
Hey Russell, honestly, I think you should give it 2 weeks. You have been trying too hard to get him to eat. Adding to the stress of being shipped, shedding and acclamation, it could be a little too much to ask.
I would just leave him alone for 2 weeks before trying again. He is a healthy snake. GTPs, ball pythons, rosy boas, hognose among others, all go through this. Sometimes they go for month without food, not because their sick, but because its what they do. He won't die because of a few weeks.
In 2 weeks, offer him a F/T fuzzy, start by rubbing on his tail to get his attention, then rub on his neck, right behind the jaw line, and under his chin. Do it for a couple of minutes. If he doesn't take, go away and come back few hours later(since they are nocturnal, do it at night)
Sometimes it takes some extra time for them to acclimate.
If comes to, I will replace it, you have my word, but you have to give him a chance

Sent: Sunday, October 8, 2017 6:16 PM
To: andre mondin
Subject: Re: Update

Andre
I'm going to try to feed the snake in the middle of the week I don't think the live is working I'm going to try Frozen thawed maybe like Wednesday then Friday he doesn't take by then then we'll talk about sending the snake back because I'd really hate for the snake to die on me because he won't eat
Sent: Friday, October 6, 2017 3:09:56 AM
To: russell karpf
Subject: Re: Update

Sorry to hear that, like I said, he always ate well here, otherwise I wouldn't sell it. I never fed live, always F/T rubbing on the side of his neck, and just like your first time, he would either grab it or wrap around it. Usually I wait 2 to 3 days after they shed to feed, every time I tried the very next day, they refused it. I wouldn't spend it 3 hours trying. The few times he gave me a hard time I offered, he didn't take it, I would just try later again and he would take it.
I sure can replace it if you want it, just had another clutch from the same parents, red news like him. It would just take a little time because as you know, they don't eat right away. Don't worry, I'm here to help and make sure you are successful
One more thing, i don't what your schedule is exactly, but from your emails, it seems to me you are pushing to hard, try to give him a couple of days between the feedings.
If you want to try live, i would put the fuzzy inside a deli cup, so is contained instead of running around and most likely going under the paper towel.
He is a healthy snake, is taking a little time to settle down on his new environment
Let me know

Old 11-19-2017, 04:13 PM   #13
Lucille
Russell, can you post screen shots of the emails, all of them. If you do not, I am thinking the seller may go ahead and post them himself. Have you notified him of this thread?

Old 11-19-2017, 04:14 PM   #14
ranarussell
Hi Russell, I take paypal and your terms works just fine. You can send the deposit now and rest later.
My paypal is: abmsandiego@hotmail.com
Please choose the option "friends and family" so neither of us pays any extra fee
Thanks
Andre

Sent: Friday, August 25, 2017 10:50 AM
To: andre mondin
Subject: Re: BLue line

The parents are impressive. What form of payments do you accept. Also if i can you a 500 dep and pay the balance off in a few weeks are those terms acceptable to you.
Russell

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 7:30 PM
To: russell karpf
Subject: Re: BLue line

Hi Russell, here some pics: dam, sire, breeding and dam's pedigree. Let me know
Thanks
Andre

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:54 PM
To: abmsandiego@hotmail.com
Subject: BLue line

Interested in the blue line red neo you have listed on kingsnake. Do you have a pic of the parents?
Russell

Old 11-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #15
Lucille
I have notified Andre of this thread using the email in your posts.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #16
bcr229
Never ever use Friends and Family for PayPal as you have no recourse if the deal goes south as yours did. Also YOU do not pay the fees, the seller does.

If you backed your payment up with a credit card as opposed to your checking account or deposited PayPal funds you can try disputing the charge with your credit card company if you have proof that the snake was shipped back.

Old 11-19-2017, 05:17 PM   #17
ranarussell
Notice he's the one who asked me to send the money that way

Old 11-20-2017, 12:11 AM   #18
tlmoon
It would be helpful if you would post screen shots of the communication.

It sounds as though you had the snake for two months and it ate twice? You weren't satisfied with that so you sent it back, without the seller agreeing to that. It's not really right that the seller would keep the $2000 and the snake, I agree. However, if he didn't agree to a return and refund then you created that situation by sending the snake back. I'm not sure what the solution is if a seller says no, but a buyer sends the snake back anyway.

I do agree that the friends and family is not right and I don't think he should have asked you to send it that way to cheat PP of their fee.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:29 AM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post

I do agree that the friends and family is not right and I don't think he should have asked you to send it that way to cheat PP of their fee.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:59 AM   #20
Black Adder
We obviously are not aware of the complete facts in this case as of yet but it seems there is a lot more to it.
HOWEVER there is no way any seller can expect to keep 2000 AND the snake, personally I would already be on a plane to sort this one out!
If the returned snake is the same one he sent and is alive , healthy and eating then the only right thing to do is send a full refund instantly or despite the circumstances he could very well end up owning that bad guy title indeed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!