Axanthic x Red Coastal Project - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-04-2017, 05:48 PM   #1
RAD_Reptiles
Axanthic x Red Coastal Project

These two animals will hopefully be the start of a selective breeding project to refine a stunning line of Red Axanthic Coastal Carpet Pythons! Still a few years off, but I like the way they look together! What do you think?
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2017, 09:14 PM   #2
john.beck.3133
Really liking the looks of that pairing.Something about axanthic 's that really catch my interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-04-2017, 09:50 PM   #3
RAD_Reptiles
Thanks! Axanthic is my absolute favorite carpet python mutation. They look good in photos, but in person they're stunning!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Old 06-10-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
Mikesss
I picked up a pure Coastal red phase Jag het Axanthic that I'm thinking of pairing with my Zebra het Axanthic. I like the "red" idea but my only issue is messing up the pure Coastal line.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #5
RAD_Reptiles
No worries Mike, reds are coastals

Old 06-10-2017, 08:58 AM   #6
RAD_Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.beck.3133 View Post
Really liking the looks of that pairing.Something about axanthic 's that really catch my interest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks John! Axanthic coastals are hands down my favorite mutation.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:17 AM   #7
Mikesss
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD_Reptiles View Post
No worries Mike, reds are coastals

Yeah I know but mixing my pure Coastal red jag het Axanthic with my Zebra het Axanthic would mess up the pure Coastal line with the babies. To be honest I love the Carpet projects more for looks over purity but then i also understand and agree with both ideas of Carpet looks and keeping Carpet pureness. Because I agree with both that's my complex I'm having with breeding a pure to a non-pure.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #8
RAD_Reptiles
Oh shoot, I totally glossed over that and was thinking you were worried the red wasn't coastal. Apologies man

Old 06-10-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
RAD_Reptiles
But breed what you like! As long as you accurately represent the offspring there isn't any issue in my opinion

Old 06-10-2017, 09:35 AM   #10
Mikesss
I absolutly agree with breeding what you like and would never represent the offspring incorrectly. The original breeder(Mutton) put the work into keeping my Coastal red jag pure. Now I'm debating on messing that up or reselling her. I did pick up a Caramel Zebra het Axanthic to replace her already. BUT more females sure don't hurt anything.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!