Interested in Monitors - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #11
Gatorhunter1231
More tristis pics. I noticed you said you didn't like the black heads of tristis tristis but doug price tristis are an inbetween of tristis tristis and tristis orientalis it seems IMO. Mine were four years old in the pic above. They would be kept very similiar to similis. Tristis are climbers, need high humidty, etc.

I do not breed tristis anymore due to losing them in a large fire so Im not trying to give you sales pitch on them. I just know what those you have them say. Some of the guys find eggs after breaking down cages and never even knew they had a gravid female. They are slightly better then timors but most can count how often they see there similis a year on both hands - maybe toes if it is a good year. Indo monitors are skittish by nature. My crocs generally take 2 yrs of hard work to calm down if wc, my yuwonoi is even a bigger nut until I get her out of the enclosure. Get on an active forum and see how people feel about their similis and compare their responses to other dwarf keepers.
Cheers

Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #12
Gatorhunter1231
[QUOTE/] I do not breed tristis anymore due to losing them in a large fire so Im not trying to give you sales pitch on them. I just know what those who have similis say. Some of the guys find eggs after breaking down cages and never even knew they had a gravid female. They are slightly better then timors but most can count how often they see there similis a year on both hands - maybe toes if it is a good year. Indo monitors are skittish by nature. My crocs generally take 2 yrs of hard work to calm down if wc, my yuwonoi is even a bigger nut until I get her out of the enclosure. Get on an active forum and see how people feel about their similis and compare their responses to other dwarf keepers.
Cheers[/quote]

I was talking about similis keepers not find eggs.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #13
StinaUIUC
Sorry about your losses

There are some hatchling/juvie similis that just got posted on KS...super tempting....I'll have to really think it over.....I dunno...I do want something fairly outgoing...maybe I'll go with an ackie or tristis tristis after all...........I hate trying to make decisions!!! **pulls hair out**

Old 10-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #14
suzuki4life
ackies are the answer

timors and sims= empty cages.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #15
StinaUIUC
Ok....I think I've settled on ackies After looking at 80 billion photos of them I've decided the tails don't bother me as much as I thought they did....lol I definitely don't want empty cage syndrome and beyond the tail I do find ackies very attractive Now I've made a decision and I just need to get all set up and find me an ackie or 2!!

Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Gatorhunter1231
My red ackie eggs still have 2 months to go. I can get you linked in to a few breeders if needed. Yellows tend to be a little cheaper. I know people who have each that may have babies soon. Ackies don't last long on the market and most never make it to the market due to waiting list (high demand low supply)

Old 10-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #17
StinaUIUC
I've noticed that not many make it! I will probably be a little while before we have the cash to be able to get them....and I want to get 2 at the same time, so, more dough needed....and my husband just spent over $1000 on a new desktop system (bah!). Do you know anyone in the NY/(eastern)PA/NJ/MD area that is breeding either? We'll probably end up with yellows, because I'm guessing that's what we'll find a better deal on...lol

Old 10-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #18
Gatorhunter1231
Yellows will be cheaper and are just as cool. You can probably get a pair for about $400. I do happen to know at least one person in your area and will pm you their info.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:29 AM   #19
StinaUIUC
Thanks!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!