Impacted? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Lucidum
Impacted?

Hey all, been a while since I was last on here

So...my Nile Monitor has been doing pretty well over the winter here, then last week she started being extremely lethargic and her appetite all but stopped completely. Now I figured this was kinda normal since it was winter (though I was still keeping the temperatures up). She started smelling very badly though, and after a few days she defecated what looked to be a mixture of liquid feces and sand, and she's done that now a few times, with the stool becoming consistently more solid each time. Is she perhaps passing an impaction? She was on a sand substrate before I adopted her, and I'd seen her eat mealworms right off the sand bedding before.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!