I need help finding a vet in WV. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
WingedSweetheart
I need help finding a vet in WV.

This may be a long shot but I might as well try.

Can anyone recommend a herp vet in WV. Does one even exist in this state?

Please do not give me results from a google search. I have searched and found so called herp vet databases and have called all the vets listed for WV and all of them turned me down and most of them the number no longer even belonged to a vets office. I did come across an official looking database and there was nothing listed under WV.

My current vet will see reptiles at the cost of an arm and a leg ($179 for just playing with my corn snake. Took it to be sexed. At that time I did not know how. Neither did they but they sure did charge me!). They admitted to me they do not know anything about herps but would contact other vets for advice on how to treat things they didn't have experience with.

Personally if possible I would rather go to someone that does have some experience with herps. Not just reptiles. I need a vet that knows about amphibians too if possible.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
Shadera
How far are you willing to travel? My herp vet when I lived there is in Bridgeport, WV. She's not advertised as one, but together we accomplished some great stuff and I still talk to her. Heck, we're trying to get her to come out and visit, we miss her that much.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
WingedSweetheart
Thank you! It's 2 hours away. I was willing to go anywhere in WV. If I couldn't find anyone in WV I would even go out of state if I really had too. No one in my collection is sick.

However I do have some WC imported frogs that I would like to get tested and treated for parasites and any diseases before allowing them out of quarantine.

What is the clinic's and/or vet's name?

Old 01-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
Shadera
http://www.audubonanimalclinic.com/

You want Dr. Linner. Tell her I sent you.

I'm not sure if she's worked with phibs before, but there's no harm in calling to ask. She's the resident exotics person, and is very easy to work with. They also don't tend to charge an arm and a leg for in-house stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!