Random Thoughts... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-25-2004, 09:33 PM   #1
Sasheena
Random Thoughts...

I was just wondering if somewhere, in some location, it might be nice to elaborate on what exactly contributors get versus "regular members".... it could be something that would be continually updated as new gizmos, gadgets, etc are added. I think that the more things that are explicitly for contributing members, the more it will provide a lure for people to try it out. Anyway, it's just a thought. Perhaps one of those comparison charts with checkmarks/data in it...... here's an example.... my brain is too stuffed full of cooked bird to be very clear on my thoughts!
Attached Images

Old 12-26-2004, 12:33 PM   #2
progeckos
I think that’s an excellent idea! I also like the idea of the premier members account. That’s just another way to raise more money for the site.

I don’t think Rich has had time yet to make a chart but I’m sure we’ll have one soon.

Old 12-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
Sasheena
Another thought I've had is that if it eventually goes to a pay-only site... what might keep the BOI from being as beneficial as it has always been is to have it be read-only for those who do not wish to pay.... they can do research on bad guys... but cannot contribute unless they wish to pay.... that would increase the effectiveness of the BOI without allowing in all those bogus posts/usernames...

Anyway.... I would REALLY like Rich to see enough remuneration to at least pay for this site, if not to bring him a little bit of extra cash... without undermining that which makes the BOI effective.

Of course it's easy to say... but we'll all see how it goes as it goes. I at least am grateful that I sprung for the amount I did.... since then I've had a dozen different tiny windfalls, which has made it all the easier!

Old 12-26-2004, 01:16 PM   #4
WebSlave
Yeah, definitely one of the things on my plate to address. The real problem is that so many things are kind of "hind-sight" affairs. Meaning, I am trying hard not to make the paid subscription plan(s) be something that members used to have for free that are now going to cost them to utilize. Looks like this is going to be unavoidable if I go to a general paid membership requirement. I may eventually make the new photo gallery a perk for paid members only, as that does have the potential of becoming a significant drain on he server. Or reduce the free intro level considerably.

I'm really trying everything I can to keep from going to a general paid membership by offering expanded bells and whistles instead that are optional for a fee. But if only a minimum number of people use the paid services, then I am right back where I started: Spending more money for a negative return.

Well, we'll just have to see what happens. But yes, one of these days I do need to make up a chart showing which options are provided for any levels of paid membership that apply here.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!