some random pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-16-2005, 04:10 AM   #1
Manhattan Herps
some random pics

bored..so here are some random pictures

also..if anyone has any name ideas for the little carrot head tangerine albino male..feel free to post any..

here are the pictures

tangerine male showing some nice color

carrot head tangerine banded giant male( the one that needs a name)

Lacy in her lay box 2 weeks into being gravid showing some good color(although she is going into her pre egg laying shed right now)

Carrot head carrot tail tangerine jungle giant female..desperatly waiting for her to ovulate..she just finished sheeding about a minute befor this picture was taken showing some great "AFTER SHED" coloring

Titan the piggo looking for food

and a group shot of 13 out of 15 females(2 were shedding and not showing any good color)

Old 02-16-2005, 04:43 AM   #2
AnimalFreak
They look great!

But what do you mean with "waiting to ovulate?"

Old 02-16-2005, 04:51 AM   #3
Manhattan Herps
thanks

well the female has to ovulate befor any eggs are produced, they will get egg folicles which look like pinkish white gllubular thing sin their bellies, this would be the time to put her in with a male, this way eggs withh definatly be produced

Old 02-16-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
AnimalFreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokay_Dude
thanks

well the female has to ovulate befor any eggs are produced, they will get egg folicles which look like pinkish white gllubular thing sin their bellies, this would be the time to put her in with a male, this way eggs withh definatly be produced
Do you have a picture? I never seen that with my leo's

Old 02-16-2005, 08:53 AM   #5
Xavier
Dan

Quote:
thanks

Why not put her with the male now if she is of exceptable weight? The only time I do it your way is when I have males which are still growing but the females are ready. I have put several femles with males this year which wheren't ovulating yet and have seen a good number that ovilated withing 10 days of being with the males.
Xavier

Many are far more noticabe than this one.

Old 02-16-2005, 10:05 AM   #6
AnimalFreak
Cool, I didn't noticed that. I shall check my females tonight

Old 02-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #7
Manhattan Herps
Xavier, i have been thinking about putting them together, but in my experience with group breeding and high colored animals, they tend to fade out alot more than they do when kept seperatly, introduced, mate, and then seperated again, the male has bred to 2 females so far and hasnt lost his color

if she does not ovulate in the next 5 days then i will put them together and see how it goes

Old 02-16-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
turtlebuyer
Man, you just keep throwing pics of my leo in my face. Its just not fair.

Old 02-16-2005, 12:51 PM   #9
progeckos
Nice leos Dan! I really like that group shot. It just shows how diverse leos have become. Excellent work!

Old 02-16-2005, 01:31 PM   #10
Xavier
I see

Quote:
Xavier, i have been thinking about putting them together, but in my experience with group breeding and high colored animals, they tend to fade out alot more than they do when kept seperatly, introduced, mate, and then seperated again, the male has bred to 2 females so far and hasnt lost his color

if she does not ovulate in the next 5 days then i will put them together and see how it goes
Thats a good point! I bet they will mate for you right now and you can then separate them. I have one female which didn't ovilate but I bred her several times to a male, I just put them together for a few minutes they bred 4 times like this and I have gotten 4 eggs so far with 2 more on the way She ovilated a couple weeks after the inital breeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!