NERD supports Voids and plays with them - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #101
Rockford
Quote:
As for recognizing the people in the picture, please forgive the ignorant among us who did not. I don't make it a practice of knowing what NERD's staff and ownership look like, and to ASSume that anyone does is well...you can fill in the blank.
Jim- Can't you recongnize the building in the backgorund? That is NERD's store. I am sure you have been to NERD's site, right? And the whole thing about a 5' Python strangling someone is ridiculous. If that did happen that's natural selection at it's finest. That's like the story of a guy holding a dead rabbit under his chin freeing his hands to open his Retics cage.......MORONIC. Apples and oranges my friend. VOIDS NOR HOTS SHOULD BE HANDLED unless absolutely necessary(using the correct equipment) and the responsible keepers abide by that. Those pictures speak for themeselves...PERIOD!

NERD.....You guys really owe the reptile community an apology. Gary, Brian and a few other's posts have hit the nail on the head. Handling voids and displaying them in the careless manner at your shop is advertising voids in my opinion. Allowing children to be so close to these animals is beyond careless.

I am done ranting......there has been enough said already.

bthacker

Old 07-09-2005, 06:18 PM   #102
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Jim- Can't you recongnize the building in the backgorund? That is NERD's store. I am sure you have been to NERD's site, right? And the whole thing about a 5' Python strangling someone is ridiculous. If that did happen that's natural selection at it's finest.
I believe you if you say it si but I have only been to their site to check available animals not to look at pictures of the store. Honestly.

And perhaps you should learn a little anatomy and physiology before you make judgements.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #103
IL_Duca
Though not having all the proof in the beginning its pretty clear that he is right...NERD was showing the Voids...how is that not supporting it? And they are definately playing with them. From the pics all you see is them acting like they are playing with a worm snake. The only thing he truly had anything to apologize for is posting without all the facts from the start. From where he got it all though...they knew kevin was in the pictures and the context of where it came from...

Old 07-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #104
Rockford
YOUR ANATOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A RESPONSIBLE KEEPER!!

You don't get it.

bthacker

Old 07-09-2005, 06:21 PM   #105
crazycorn
No, I am NOT going to retract my apology, I even went as far as to PM NERD later on, I just had enough time at work to sit and think about and I feel I was pushed a bit to hard. Truth is half this board would not do that. Though I wil put this out their, I have learned from this thread who to look up to and who not to deal with. You have to admit there is a pack of people here who all attack at once and repeat the same thing over and over......

Old 07-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #106
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL_Duca
Though not having all the proof in the beginning its pretty clear that he is right...NERD was showing the Voids...how is that not supporting it? And they are definately playing with them. From the pics all you see is them acting like they are playing with a worm snake. The only thing he truly had anything to apologize for is posting without all the facts from the start. From where he got it all though...they knew kevin was in the pictures and the context of where it came from...
Very true!! And if the people with the facts had pointed all that out I doubt that there would have been much if any criticism. Certainly none from me.

And David went above and beyond and stood up for what he did. I applauded him then and I do now.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:22 PM   #107
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
YOUR ANATOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING A RESPONSIBLE KEEPER!!

You don't get it.

bthacker
No, so yell at me, maybe I will hear better.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #108
crazycorn
Its not at personal issue to want to have someone to look up to and guide you in your quest for knowledge, ever heard of a mentor, a teacher, a hero? guess not, at the very least to have someone to respect.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #109
Rockford
DID IT WORK?????

I have a feeling it didn't.

Old 07-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #110
crazycorn
LOL Brett, I must say you hit the nail on the head in those so few posts. I think this thread should be focused back on what it was meant to be about, NERD and their carelessness when dealing with animals such as Voids.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread