Calcium with D3 or not ?? Not sure what to do . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
allreptiles1966
Calcium with D3 or not ?? Not sure what to do .

Hello.
Last question. I hope.
Should i use d3 in the calcium or not ? My dubia will be getting a good food source and bee pollen also. He will get all types of greens and any veggies he wants. Some friut here and there also.
So i'm not sure if i should use the d3 or not. Soo many opinions out there i dont know what one to follow.
Thanks for the help.
If you say no,can you tell me why,if you say yes,can you explain why.If you can
Rich

Old 04-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
Cache Reptiles
If you're keeping him inside the majority of the time, definitely go with D3.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
ninthof9
Actually it has been found that dragons that were given D3 and no UVB source still got MBD which shows that D3'can't be utilized when given orally. When you expose a dragon to UVB they create their own D3 in their skin. Since D3 can be overdosed on and they create their own, I always suggest NO D3.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #4
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthof9 View Post
Actually it has been found that dragons that were given D3 and no UVB source still got MBD which shows that D3'can't be utilized when given orally. When you expose a dragon to UVB they create their own D3 in their skin. Since D3 can be overdosed on and they create their own, I always suggest NO D3.

Thank you,i have been told by a couple others the same thing. I have bred beardies before,around 6 years ago and i didnt use it and all my babies grew fine. I just wanted to make sure i wasnt doing it wrong.

I wont be using it(d3) since he will get outdoor time,has a uvb bulb. Plus he eats everything.
Thank you for the help

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!