Trans x Trans Breeding??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #11
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonluver83 View Post
I know bloodbank has crossed the two gene's. I know another breeder that has done it. I cant comment on bloodbanks end, only speculate. An one BIG thing i noticed from them is over the last few months. MOST of there animals are no longer 6 inches and ready for retail, but I seen his babies being sold at 10 inches. Much longer and much more time. More costly too. Is it because it gives them time to sort out the healthy ones from the un-healthy ones? . That is something he would have to comment on. An from prior post I doubt he would comment on his trans X trans breedings.

The breeder that I know crossed the two from two different breeders. trans x hypo trans. He had a few that didnt hatch and a couple of deformities. An the babies was nothing special that I couldn't hatch myself, but in a healthy cross.
That is a scary thought... I hope you are wrong, but we may never know.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
san diego
thats cool i guess ill breed my phantom dragons trans to my dragons den blood then breed my hets to my other trans awesome cant wait

Old 07-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #13
john.r1
Dragon heart top breeder - Markus Metz from Germany breeds trans to trans ! He has bred lots of them and told me he has only had a few that came out deformed which can happen in any clutch. He said if the dragons you breed are healthy and strong then there is no problem breeding two trans together . Different breeders have different thoughts about this ,but he markus has had many good results and his dragons are awesum , so who is right or wrong ?

Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #14
san diego
i wish i knew who is right and who is wrong guess its one of those things you have to do your self to find out. thanks john.r1 . markus metz , i wish i knew who he was

Old 07-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #15
john.r1
Www.dragon-heart.de
That's Markus Metz web site have a look

Or just type his name on face book

Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
san diego
just checked out his website . he has very nice dragons

Old 07-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
rbehel04
Is the trans gene the actual problem or is or is it due to excessive inbreeding that has caused the problem? I have a couple of het trans and and a couple of trans, most everything else i have is hypo het hypo or normal. I am glad i read this , so i will know how to make my pairings better.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:23 AM   #18
Reefgal1
I have a pair of trans. The female came from an import line, the male is Josh D lines. She produced three clutches of fertile eggs, each around 28 eggs. The first clutch hatched May 15th. The babies are ten and a half inches long and weigh around 50 grams. The second clutch hatched three weeks ago and the babies are six grams and 5 1/2 inches. All are healthy, fat and beautiful deep red. I consulted my exotics vet before I bred them. Her saw no reason not to. It's been done before throughout the development of this line. My third clutch of eggs is hatching this week. I expect another two dozen healthy babies.

While perhaps it's best to discourage casual breeders from crossing trans x trans, it's NOT an absolute. I've even been accused of being "unethical". I resent that characterization. I breed dragons because I love them. The dragons I sell just about cover the cost of my hobby including the $500 in spay fees I pay when I retire my breeding females after two seasons. I did it carefully and purposely and was rewarded with gorgeous deep red dragons.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
biggscoug
You are using Josh D's brand name to add value to your breeders and help sell your baby dragons. I'd be curious to know what he thinks about trans x trans pairings.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:39 PM   #20
Reefgal1
I'm sorry if you think I'm using Josh D. I only mentioned his name so folks would know the male was top quality...not to try to add value to mine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!