Some updates... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-02-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
GottaLuvHerps
Some updates...

Hi all. I'm just around today and thought I would give an update on things going on around here.
The eggs are getting HUGE! We have 18 from Zeke cooking, and I can't believe ow big they have gotten! And so far, all look good when I candle them! It's been 37 days now at 80 degrees, so I have a bit to go until hatch time I figure. I am getting impatient!! The only odd thing is that Zeke does not show ANY signs of laying again - no weight gain outside of getting back to her pre-laying status, no bumpy sides, nothing. I am considering putting her back with Rames to see what happens, but I am not sure.
Big Momma is being a brat too. We are finally starting to think we are feeling eggs from her, but we aren't sure since she is so fat on a normal basis. I might put her back with Thunder to see what happens.
And, we have it confirmed - Storm is a male for sure, and a very hormonal male at that! We put Zion in with him last night, and it took (literally) all of 10 seconds for him to jump on her and lock up. So, we might have some more babies coming too, we will have to see. She is still there with him today, but he is REALLY aggressive on the mating thing, so I will probably separate them today. I know they have locked up at least 3 times since last night, so I figure he probably got the job done by now.
The agama eggs are doing good too. Out of the 7 that were laid, 4 of them seem to be good ones, 3 are duds from what I can tell. I'm holding them just in case, but I see nothing but yellow when candling them. But, 4 out of 7 isn't bad, especially when they only usually lay 4-5.
The plans for the show in October are going VERY slowly at this point. It's early, so maybe I'm just being impatient, but I thought I would have more vendors at this point. So I'm trying to figure out what to do - hold out and wait for July to see how people are doing with eggs, or bail out now and stop worrying so much about it. I intend to at least hold out until July 1st (right before I plan on slamming advertising into websites with banner ads), and see if I get any sign-ups after Hamburg and the major flier passout we plan on doing.
So, that's it around here. Hope everyone is doing well.
TTYL
Kelly Kordek

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!