Bad Guy Scammed and done dirty by Travis Johnson(MrTPlush) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
ShadoDragon
Scammed and done dirty by Travis Johnson(MrTPlush)

It was the worst transactions, with late responds and paid full price for what he asked $450. I got the pair of condas on April 11, 2017 and on April 16, 2017 she laid a slug. He told me he never breed her and she didn't ovulate and recently woke up. I cant get full refund now but atleast I can warn you guys avoid this scumbag MrTPlush (Travis Johnson). Last week the female went into shed and just today May 8,2017 she laid another slug and looks really plum and egg bound forsure. This guy is a liar and flipping ill snakes to make quick cash avoid this guy I was exited to get in the hobby and this left worst taste.
Attached Images

Old 05-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
ShadoDragon
May 8, 2017 pic of the female

this is her
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2017, 12:09 AM   #3
Chris Kennard
This has "extenuating circumstances" written all over it.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
DavidBeard
When you're asking this guy for breeding advice, I doubt your ability to tell if that snake is egg bound or not. Have you taken it to a vet? Had any X-rays or Ultrasound done?

Old 05-09-2017, 12:35 AM   #5
ShadoDragon
It was to see his response

I asked to see what his response would be I can post the whole conversation if that helps? I have no choice but to go to vet

Old 05-09-2017, 09:16 AM   #6
Andy_G
Many colubrid species will in fact lay infertile eggs without ever being with a male. I've had it happen or seen it happen in pituophis, pantherophis, heterodon (many times), as well as lampropeltis species, especially if they were brumated and cycled. Saying all of that, I can't weigh in on the validity of either party's side of the story.

Old 05-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #7
DavidBeard
I had an adult female Honduran Milksnake do this many years ago....she was bromated but I did not obtain a male to breed her with (purchased her from a breeder who downsized), after a month of being out of brumation she laid one single infertile egg and was fine afterwards.

Sounds like the OP lacks an understanding of colubrid biology and is trying to buy their way into a breeding project and wants to pin their ignorance on someone else.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #8
MrTPlush
The snakes did not breed and the slug supports that. This gentleman obviously does not have much experience which is fine. I explained to him that hognoses will lay slugs whether they have been bred or not. It is perfectly normal and not much of a medical concern. I have a hognose that does it every year no problems. I thought I explained it pretty well to him, but Simon didn't really care what I said and acted like the snake was teetering with poor near death health. He had no patience in the situtation even after telling him a snake will lay slugs over a longer period of time than fertile eggs. Sometimes there will only be a slug or two because they will absorb any other inferlite follicles. His inexperience was wanting him to immediately take it to the vet which in my opinion was uneccessary.

I did not knowingly ship him the snake knowing it had a slug(s). He was upset that he wasn't going to be able to breed the snakes this year, but due to his inexperience he wasn't even going to breed them correctly anyway. He was going to wait months before actually pairing them well after their breeding season. Still I felt bad for what had happened regardless and offered a $50 partial refund which he happily took(weeks ago). He said after getting the partial refund the snakes would be his "problem" and anything that happened after that was his responsibility.

I actually think I replied to this gentleman quite fast throughout the ordeal. I replied as fast as possible if it wasn't 2am, not working, and not taking care of my child. Actually I think it usually took him longer to reply than me. He makes it seem like I took days to reply and that is flat out false. Not only that, but after the partial refund which in his words made them "his problem" I was still fast to reply to provide help/insight.

In the end he texted me once again last Sunday claiming "You know you weren't right" and saying "yea I was right to be concerned" just because the snake didn't lay another slug. Sick of him acting like he was an experienced reptile vet know it all it was clear he was going to be upset forever so I refused to reply to him.

Saying I flip ill snakes is flat out false also. Because #1 the snakes arent ill and #2 I lost money on these snakes from what I orginally paid.

Old 05-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #9
Melanie1996
I've had colubrids who I have never bred drop slugs before. I don't see the problem? OP sounds like he doesn't know much about snakes and shouldn't even be attempting to breed them. Needs to do a lot more research.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #10
DavidBeard
Hmmm, OP left out the fact that you refunded him any money. Looks like another case of a sensitive noob shooting themselves in the foot with a hasty BOI thread that is completely unwarranted.

Congratulations Mr. Gamboa, you have done exactly the opposite of what you intended and people will avoid YOU like the plague from here on out....not Mr. Johnson.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!