Help! Sand Boa Won't Eat! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
scaledverts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Saharans lay eggs, kenyans give birth. So that's why I said "eggs OR babies".

Devon
Yes they do lay eggs, however the eggs are different that what most people think of as snake eggs. The shells are much thinner and the incubation time is much shorter.

Saharans are very cool species. I had a small breeding group for a while until I started pairing down my collection. The tip of their tail always fascinated me, why is it so oddly shaped?

Anyway, I'm glad you got your guy to eat.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #22
stolenheron
good thread. glad to see that i'm not the only one with a picky eater male.

first time feeding my KSBs that i just got in a trade. female destroyed an adult mouse, male didnt want anything to do with one. I'm trying again tomorrow in its own cage rather than in a feeder tank. after that i'll just wait for another 5-7 days and try again maybe with a hopper instead see if it is a size issue.

i had a kingsnake that went 3 months without eating, i suspected breeding season behavior, but i'll never completely know. snakes are the one pet that you really don't have to worry about a whole lot if they decide to not eat (immediately)

Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #23
Balls Deep Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenheron View Post
good thread. glad to see that i'm not the only one with a picky eater male.

first time feeding my KSBs that i just got in a trade. female destroyed an adult mouse, male didnt want anything to do with one. I'm trying again tomorrow in its own cage rather than in a feeder tank. after that i'll just wait for another 5-7 days and try again maybe with a hopper instead see if it is a size issue.

i had a kingsnake that went 3 months without eating, i suspected breeding season behavior, but i'll never completely know. snakes are the one pet that you really don't have to worry about a whole lot if they decide to not eat (immediately)
Typically my males will not eat for 2 to 3 months during the spring/breeding season and once I can tell 100%that the females are pregnant the males usually go back on food. I feed my adult males like week old rat pups and they do great. Good luck with your new pair Kenyans are awesome!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #24
stolenheron
well today was weekly feeding day. female didnt take anything (no worries, she is plump still). the male however happily downed 2 fuzzy/hopper mice live.

I will try with the female again tomorrow.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!