The Hypererythrism (on Fauna) Thread... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
chris1968
The Hypererythrism (on Fauna) Thread...

I posted this on Rich Z's other site, cornsnakes.com but I realize not everyone that keeps corns or who even has some insights or opinions on this may not ever come over there. Here's a copy of the thread and a link to the original for anyone who wishes to share their thoughts :*)

The Hypererythrism Thread...
hyper-
prefix
1. above, over, or in excess hypercritical
2. (in medicine) denoting an abnormal excess hyperacidity
3. indicating that a chemical compound contains a greater than usual amount of an element hyperoxide
[from Greek huper over]

er·y·thrism (r-thrzm)
n.
Unusual red pigmentation, as of hair or plumage.

A greater than usual amount of red pigmentation...I'd say that sounds like "redcoat" or "Neon" or all the other "red factors" everyone has been pulling their hair over . I'd like to start this thread so everyone can start getting their heads together, post results, ideas, theories etc. so we can begin to completely unwrap the mystery behind them. For years we've all seen the various awesome looking Salmon Snows, the Champagnes, we've started threads trying to pin down "that look". Lets get it figured out :*).

I'll start with just a suggestion. The different names i.e. "red mask", "neon", "coral" are neat, but confusing. Maybe we need to start identifying each individual "factors" we know or find to be it's own by a common identifier; Hypererythrism Type A, then B, C....

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...96#post1473596

Chris

Old 07-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #2
Frank_S
Is this possibly what is going on with the okeetee corn in my post?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 PM   #3
D. Mong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_S View Post
Is this possibly what is going on with the okeetee corn in my post?
umm,..what post?

~Doug

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!