Bad Guy Drew at Underground Reptiles stole 784$ - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:07 PM   #21
MADOGRE
I would like to hear Undergrounds side of things, but from what has been posted a refund should have been giving, no merchandise changed hands and this was a short time after, life some times gets in the way of things.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #22
UndergroundReptiles
I think there is a misunderstanding here that nothing was done on this order just because only 2-3 hours had elapsed from the time the order was taken to when the buyer had asked to cancel. This is not the case. First when an order is placed over the phone it is immediately processed through the form system and our credit card processor. Animals are then deducted from an inventory system. The animals are pulled, marked, and held, ads are removed and the animals are not sold to others. This process again begins as soon as the order is submitted at the end of the phone conversation. Also please note again that these terms were not hidden from Joseph. No one ever told him that he would not be charged as he claimed. If he had asked not to be charged we would have explained to him, like we do everyone, that the animals could not be held. Again we also did not only offer him credit we did offer him a refund as well but deducting for a restocking fee(this also is clearly seen in our terms). We have these terms in place so that employees are unable to pick and choose who gets what treatment in this arena, and to discourage people who are uncertain of whether or not they truly want to make a purchase from making a rash decision. On a separate note Joseph made no attempt to contact me personally to resolve this nor did he ever ask for me to work with him. When drew gave him the standard options he immediately threatened to start the chargeback. I tried texting him, calling him, and left him messages a few times. He never called back or responded. This order was placed on August 28th and canceled via text message after hours at 8:48 pm EST, so nothing could even be done until the following day either way. Since then I also saw Joe and his employees at the WPB Repticon and spoke cordially with them with no mention of this issue at all. I once again offered to work with him by offering him a refund -$50. The $50 would cover a $35 chargeback fee, which we are issued, plus only $15 for "restocking" which is far less than the standard 15%. The issue here is whether or not we did something which I fail to see how we did. We have terms for the customer which is clearly laid out and procedure for employees to follow. Drew did nothing wrong but follow the terms. I attempted to work with Joe but he never corresponded back and still refuses to compromise at all. I understand if a person disagrees with the terms and that is their right. No one was forced or tricked to make a purchase and no one ever is. I appreciate everyone's objective consideration in this matter and we are still open to working with Joe. Than you.

Rian Gittman

Old 10-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe9874 View Post
Since they would be closed by the time I got there, he said he would not be getting any reptiles ready until that night,
Quote:
Originally Posted by UndergroundReptiles View Post
IThe animals are pulled, marked, and held, ads are removed and the animals are not sold to others. This process again begins as soon as the order is submitted at the end of the phone conversation.

There seems to be a discrepancy here. What EXACTLY was done during the two hours?

Old 10-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #24
Bobby Douglass
It seems Underground's "terms" mean more to them than their customers. Joseph, can you find out from your credit card company what time the charge came through?

Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #25
predators
After reading the response by the owner of UG, still I do not see what was done other than a little bit of paperwork (maybe) and a the time it took to take the order. The order was not packed. Also as some one else brought up Unless the customer takes the animals then turns around and returns them or sends them back how can there be a restocking fee. There is nothing to restock. I do understand that taking an order for someone packing it than having it cancelled and putting the animals back is annoying but, in this case nothing was packed up and I do not believe UG has the right to charge an annoyance fee. UG makes it seem like he is doing the customer a favor by offering him the 15% restocking fee or a $50 charge. that he feels that way too begin with is really the crux of the problem.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:12 PM   #26
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAce View Post
No to mention the purchasing of animals with the intention to turn around and sell them at a show less than 24 hours later. There should be a law that forces business to post the acquisition date of animals. "These savannahs? I just picked them up from a wholesaler on the way here."
I would REALLY like an explanation of this apparent light-speed flipping situation as well...

Old 10-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #27
EmeraldBoid
One thread...two parties I do not want to do business with now...lots of these lately.

Old 10-01-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
predators
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Dragons View Post
Underground shame on you for treating your customers the way you do!

You and your operation are not to be trusted. I know all about Rian Gittman because he screwed me for a few hundred $ when he was doing business as Pet Shop Reptiles. he gave me the run around for so long I just gave up on the refund he promised.

Let this be a warning to all unsuspecting buyers.
And this is exactly what UG's Formula is..People are given such a hard time on getting credit or there money a lot of people give up and UG keeps the money.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:42 PM   #29
Billy1138
I apologize to everyone if I am off topic, but I agree with Mister Internet. I would love to hear an explanation about the OP's intentions. Was the plan to purchase a bunch of wholesale animals to sell at the show the following day at a show??

Old 10-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #30
Charlie Redmon
Maybe I'm too paranoid and don't trust peoples intentions sometimes enough when I don't know them. I doubt Joe will ever admit to this even if it's the truth, but what are the odds that this was never intended to be a purchase, that the only point in this was to tie up certain inventory to keep UG from bringing it to a show? Cancel it late the night prior to try to make it not look so obvious, expecting that they won't go back and repack for a show that late at night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!