Inquiry Has anyone gotten whites tree frogs from Kevin m Goerger - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2018, 01:40 AM   #1
sienna00
Exclamation Has anyone gotten whites tree frogs from Kevin m Goerger

Hello all. Newbie foggy enthusiast here. I have successfully owned and cared for my GTP's but changed directions and now happily have BP's. I recently fell in love with Whites tree frogs ( I am familiar with their care as its similar to my GTP's) and am now greedily looking into getting a small collection to call my own. my problem is.... that im at lost where to buy CB reliable frogs. I stubbled on KNMGs post but I believe hes connected with underground reptiles which has had well...mixed reviews depending on who you ask. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Snakesatsunset maybe? if not ill go with my gut feelings and order from Joshs Frogs to be safe. I realize this is a long post for such a simple frog but id rather do this here then have vet related bills or disappointment in the future. thanks in advance.
 
Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
Hello all. Newbie foggy enthusiast here.
Always nice to have another frog lover around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
I have successfully owned and cared for my GTP's but changed directionsand now happily have BP's.
I LOVE and want a GTP, but, I am scared to take the "plunge". Can I ask why you changed direction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
I recently fell in love with Whites tree frogs ( I am familiar with their care as its similar to my GTP's)
I have found Litoria caerulea, to be extremely easy to keep. Do you mean GTP's are that easy to keep ? If so, PLEASE, tell me your secrets?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
and am now greedily looking into getting a small collection to call my own.
I love how you say greedily searching. Since, that is how I feel about getting various species of frogs for my collection too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
my problem is.... that im at lost where to buy CB reliable frogs.
Yes, I have noticed, it is not as easy a species to source as years ago. I would recommend Josh's Frog. Have a look at there website:https://www.joshsfrogs.com. This is the section, that, you are probably most interested in:https://www.joshsfrogs.com/animals-f...ree-frogs.html.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
I stubbled on KNMGs post but I believe hes connected with underground reptiles
I have heard that from various sources. Can I ask why you say that? I am NOT saying you are wrong. But, I have heard VARIOUS explanations for the above statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
which has had well...mixed reviews depending on who you ask.
That is a very diplomatic/polite way to say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Snakesatsunset maybe?
I do not know enough about them and or have purchased from them personally. So, unfortunately, I can NOT advise you on them, as a reliable source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
if not ill go with my gut feelings and order from Joshs Frogs to be safe.
I have only purchased one specimen from them, many years ago, but, I was very satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
I realize this is a long post for such a simple frog but id rather do this here then have vet related bills or disappointment in the future. thanks in advance.
Do not worry about it. All posts are good. My post, is way longer then your post.

I do not think it matters what species it is. Simple or complex, since, as you pointed out, they can all cause disappointment and high vet bills!
 
Old 06-18-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
sienna00
thank you for the reply no gtp's are the not easy to care for but I have a exo terra 36x18x36 live bio active terrarium that I used that keep the heat and humidity perfectly I switched to bp's because i decided to have a child and wanted more interactive less aggressive snakes in the home. although they are hands down my favorite species to observe handling does require skill and understanding their body language saved me from getting bite numerous times they don't bite and let go when they get older you gotta wiggle your arm from teeth like a fish hook. yeah its not fun. anyways thanks for responding im in no rush id just prefer to stick with one breeder thats reliable as I plan on developing an (envious collection joshsfrogs doesn't have snowflakes or honeydews at this point ill keep stalking...……...
 
Old 06-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
MomofDnNnD
Check out Dart Frog Depot. He's under snared99. I bought my whites from him (Pat) and am very happy with them. Don't know if they are CB or WC but I'm sure he can answer that for you. Good luck with your search.
 
Old 06-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
sienna00
Thank you i just joined the FB wtf lovers group and will follow the store on FB its nice to hear someone thats had good experiences with them. Much appreciation
 
Old 06-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #6
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
thank you for the reply
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
no gtp's are the not easy to care for
I figured that had to be a misunderstanding .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
but I have a exo terra 36x18x36 live bio active terrarium that I used that keep the heat and humidity perfectly
How hard was it to keep the heat and humidity perfect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
I switched to bp's because i decided to have a child and wanted more interactive less aggressive snakes in the home.
Ohh okay, that makes perfect sense, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
although they are hands down my favorite species to observe
Me too .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
handling does require skill and understanding their body language saved me from getting bite numerous times they don't bite and let go when they get older
I see, thanks for telling me. That is something to take under consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
you gotta wiggle your arm from teeth like a fish hook.
, ohh dear!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
yeah its not fun.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
anyways thanks for responding
Thank you, for answering my questions!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
im in no rush id just prefer to stick with one breeder thats reliable
I completely understand. Have you considered looking into this breeder: https://www.facebook.com/FrogWhisperer/?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
as I plan on developing an (envious collection
Like I said, it's great to have another frog person on Fauna. So, please, keep me posted on your collection. I am sure to be envious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
joshsfrogs doesn't have snowflakes or honeydews at this point ill keep stalking...……...
Have you looked at these possible specimens for your collection: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=658984
and http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=658860,
 
Old 06-19-2018, 06:17 PM   #7
sienna00
Yes i emailed him im waiting for some crazy beautiful snowflakes to come in and got the go ahead from another ground im in
 
Old 06-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #8
Dyscophus antongilii
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
Yes i emailed him im waiting for some crazy beautiful snowflakes to come in
Who is that? I am a bit slow , so, thank you, for your patience and understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna00 View Post
and got the go ahead from another ground im in
I am very easily confused. So, might I enquire who that is ?
 
Old 06-19-2018, 08:18 PM   #9
sienna00
Mitch whyte on faunas he is whyteark h
 
Old 06-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #10
Dyscophus antongilii
If you get a specimen from him, please, let me know how it goes. He seems to have various species for sale, many that I find quite fascinating.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[Wanted] Whites Tree Frogs KNMG Amphibians 0 09-18-2015 08:49 PM
WHITES TREE FROGS jhreptiles1 Amphibians 0 01-24-2013 11:37 PM
[Wanted] Whites tree frogs jobeanator Amphibians 0 12-27-2011 05:45 PM
[For Sale] Whites Tree Frogs,Albino Pacman,Fire Frogs! FireLineExotics Amphibians 1 09-19-2009 02:35 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.04689002 seconds with 12 queries
Content copyrighted ©2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC