stolen pictures - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 07-19-2004, 08:58 PM   #1
dhserps
Warning! stolen pictures

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but here recently alot pictures have been posted of other peoples animals claiming different things from being the parents to the animals themselves for sale i have came up with a unique idea im going to use to protect my pics im in the process of getting a 8 inch by 4 inch ink stamp made then i will take a new bed sheet and stamp the you know what out of it and line a rubbermaid or the floor for larger animals so the there is no using of my pics for others gains because i have some nice upcoming projects it seems like this would solve alot of problems if alot of others would do this as well
it could put alot of scammers out of buis who wouldbuy a 1100 snake with no pic and if some else used by pics anyone could id it without even having to recgonize the animal so webslave if i posted this in wrong place please post acordingly i thought this would be a great place with alot of this going on right now its a shame

Old 07-19-2004, 09:07 PM   #2
robin d.
they can not remove it and it is imbeded inside the picture itself if i remember correctly

Old 07-19-2004, 09:25 PM   #3
dhserps
thats right

theres no removing your name or logo and if someone cant produce thier own pics or the owner of the original pic wont back them you know the rest thats just my alternative because youcant remove all that background with myname serpciserpcitytyserpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityse rpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityserp city all over it you know

Old 07-19-2004, 09:27 PM   #4
robin d.
please ignore that email /link at the first part of the thread... it accidentally got in there somehow and we cant edit in the forums so i asked the mods of they could remove it... hopefully they will

Old 07-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
robin d.
Quote:
youcant remove all that background with myname serpciserpcitytyserpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityse
put it in some art program and make the back ground solid colored to cover it up... un fortunately we here on fauna seen scumbucket do just that

Old 07-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #6
robin d.
Quote:
youcant remove all that background with myname serpciserpcitytyserpcityserpcityserpcityserpcityse
put it in some art program and make the back ground solid colored to cover it up... un fortunately we here on fauna seen scumbucket do just that

Old 07-19-2004, 09:36 PM   #7
dhserps
pics

its a shame all's it takes is some work and dedication and then you can have the stuff to sell or enjoy but you have people messing up everything for smaller dealers

Old 07-23-2004, 01:55 AM   #8
Milwaukee Reptiles
I watermark my animals... I know a solid background will get rid of most of it, but I try to have my name on some part of the animal (so the only way to get rid of it would be to color it in manually or cut off a leg. Either way I would have originals and call them out on it. Hope I never have to but I like to cover my bases.

I use a basic image editor and set the alpha of the text down to like 10 or 20 percent so I don't affect the image of the animal too much. I haven't got around to watermarking my newer images. (thanks for the reminder!!)

Here's two examples:

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!