Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 53 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:47 PM   #521
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Is there any way of finding out if ty actually sent the IRCF the whole $14,510??
People who bought tickets sent the money to the IRCF not Ty so there's no way of knowing.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #522
Chris Kennard
At this point, I would like to hear from a participant who got their prize from this "raffle". Specifically, who they got the prize from.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:11 AM   #523
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kennard View Post
At this point, I would like to hear from a participant who got their prize from this "raffle". Specifically, who they got the prize from.
Grant garton I know how a purple albino from him
He had posted early on in the thread

Old 01-07-2017, 01:44 AM   #524
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarhedgie View Post
Because he had an illegal raffle the small claims courts may not be able to force him to give me a tegu or award me the money because the raffle was illegal even though they know he should give me either a tegu or the money.
This is the only thing that has concerned me, for you, if, indeed, the raffle was not legal.

Even if this is how it turns out, true, it will, further (in other ways), not look good for the other party/parties.

I totally agree that the best, and easiest, thing, to do, would be for Ty to give you the prize that you fairly, and deservedly, won.

~~~~

Old 01-07-2017, 09:30 PM   #525
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
You are absolutely correct, the show pays ALL costs including travel, accommodations, damages etc. They obviously know what the awards are going to be before they solicit the plaintiff. They peruse recent small claims records and contact the plaintiff to see if they are interested, unfortunately it does require both parties to consent.
This would have been a very easy out for Ty so now it seems increasingly obvious that his stubborn pride is what is standing in the way of resolving this matter.
Unless he truly believes his counter claim is all he needs to take care of this.
He'd be exposed as a douche in front of millions on tv, and $3,000 isn't much to him, this is about his ego, imo hell spend $10,000 to get out of paying this $3,000 if he can.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #526
Dro B
I don't know if I've asked/mentioned before, but has anyone considered that he may have wrongfully reported something tax-wise because if this? Finding an actual crime may be the only thing that makes him wise up.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:20 PM   #527
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro B View Post
He'd be exposed as a douche in front of millions on tv, and $3,000 isn't much to him, this is about his ego, imo hell spend $10,000 to get out of paying this $3,000 if he can.
I agree and it's unfortunate and sad

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 AM   #528
nickolasanastasiou
I want everyone to do themselves a favor and cut out the name-calling unless the desire is to rack up infractions a-plenty.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #529
Mike (The M)
This thread has become very cumbersome to read through:

Has anything actually happened? A court date set? Paperwork filed? Any actual steps towards a resolution?

The amount of conjecture and opining going on could end up being a barrier for someone who might have help to offer, it's a lot to sift through.

Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #530
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike (The M) View Post
This thread has become very cumbersome to read through:

Has anything actually happened? A court date set? Paperwork filed? Any actual steps towards a resolution?

The amount of conjecture and opining going on could end up being a barrier for someone who might have help to offer, it's a lot to sift through.

Because in mass raffles are illegal the court could only award me 500 (cost of the tickets and the filing fee )
The mass court clerk set a date for the end of February to give me more time to look into the laws in FL and AZ. to possibly file there instead.
The clerk called ty and asked him if he wanted to make an offer to try to resolve this. He said all he was willing to do was to give me $400
Then the clerk asked him if he was still willing to send me the "tegu" that he claimed to be holding for me. Ty said NO. he said he auctioned off that one and said he didn't have any other ones.
The clerk asked him if he was willing to give me a T+ next year. Ty said NO
So the clerk told me I should prob try and find councel and find out what can be done in maybe his state.

But I think If I filed it in FL it might be the same there too because this raffle that ty/IRCF was illegal as well.

It gets so confusing where there are multiple states involved

The attorney generals in AZ and FL have been notified as well as the AZ gaming commission.

I sent the IRCF a letter asking for my prize and they did respond. Their response I felt was a slap in my face. Included was a check but only for $400 for the cost of the 4 tickets i bought.
I'm not cashing it and we are exploring all othre options

It's pretty clear that ty does not want to give me the prize he promised. .
And it's unfortunate that it had to go this far.

I won a prize and I would like to receive this promised prize. Which was an albino (ty produced) tegu or 3,000
Its been made clear that he can afford to pay $3,000
And I am pretty sure he has a few hold backs that he could offer.

I don't think he is willing to or even want to try and resolve this (he knows that he will only prob have to pay 500 because the raffle was illegal )

I'm very dissapointed in the way he has handled this whole ordeal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu