Don't go in the water. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 03-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
WebSlave
Don't go in the water.

Looks like some problems in the Gulf of Mexico.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
JColt
Such a shame. Manatee's are such gentle creatures.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #3
rcarichter
Heartbreaking!

Noelle

Old 03-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
WebSlave
When Connie and I were down on Manasota Key back in November, they were having a problem with a red tide back then. Makes me wonder if this is becoming a year round problem. And also makes me wonder if the oil spill problem in the Gulf might be at least partially responsible. Maybe it upset a balance in the Gulf waters that makes it more hospitable for the algae blooms that produce the red tides. But I'm guessing that BP has paid off all of the researchers who might be tempted to look into that sort of research.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Shadera
But all the oil just disappeared, right? I mean, they say it did so it must be true ...

So sad.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:10 PM   #6
WebSlave
Yes, I suppose so. BP has been paying for advertising stating that everyone should come on down to Florida, the beaches are safe, the water is fine, and the seafood safe to eat. I suppose they have enough money to grease as many palms, and seal as many lips, as they need to.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
snowgyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
But I'm guessing that BP has paid off all of the researchers who might be tempted to look into that sort of research.
Such an ignorant statement to discredit scientific research as a whole deeply troubles me. A very simple 5 minute search of peer-reviewed scientific literature on Google scholar reveals that said researchers are not "paid off" to paint the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in a positive light, in fact all of the articles I have so far found indicate a very negative impact that we are just beginning to understand.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as...en&as_sdt=0,35

In addition, there is a plethora of research available that shows highly negative impacts of oil spills throughout the world.

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl...%2C35&as_sdtp=

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!