Random Venting - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
allthatslithers
Random Venting

Im tired of rude customers.
We have alot of FANTASTIC buyers I adore and I hope they will attest to the level of customer service I strive for, but it seems like lately we've had this slew of time wasters, hagglers, and those that think your sole purpose and duty in life is to serve them. A please or thank you would be nice. This is not my business, it is my husband's. I breed horses along with raising 3 boys and one more (pray for a girl for us will you?)on the way. I don't have time or desire to take orders from anyone. I do this as help to my husband who also owns a business outside the home full time. My children have far FAR better manners than some of these people.
Then you get the ones who ABSOLUTELY MUST have the animal only to drop off the face of the earth. How hard is it to just say.."Hey I've changed my mind" so that we can still sell the animal elsewhere and not wait months for the check that never comes?
Or how about the buyer who agrees to set price, all is juuuust about finalized then decides they want to haggle. NO sorry shipping is NOT included. Like we don't pay for supplies,tape,gas,etc. Ive decided from now on shipping is bill to recipient,let them haggle shipping costs with the carrier. No over/under charging. We buy animals too, yes the cost of shipping sucks..but we pay it.
The real gem is someone who wants your animals, obviously,and emails you painstakingly to explain how your animals are only worth so and so. You know what? If you don't want them that bad, move past the ad..please. I am not opposed to dropping prices some, usually its NOT if the buyer asks. Particularly with repeat buyers, customer loyalty gets rewarded. But don't expect because Jim-Bob in Boise (fictional..apologize if there are Jim Bobs from Boise here)has a half dead one for $50 cheaper that I care. I KNOW what we put into our animals. It is a labor of love and money flies out the door as fast as it comes in. We have unwanted hand me downs, we get scarred unsellable animals. What do you think happens to them? they stay and are cared for! We have an ETB who was a victim of baad husbandry. It is a roller coaster of antibiotics with him, but we give him all we can because he's a beautiful animal and deserves the best shot we can give him. Was he free? Oh please,even in his condition he had a price tag. We have him because we LOVE Emeralds. If you don't LOVE what you are buying and are so desperate to save $10 will you put anything INTO the animal you want from us? They don't eat table scraps, they don't get UV by some magical unknown source, they can't just do it themselves!
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Phew ok
I feel a little better now. Im really not at all a wicked witch or anything,and as I said for the most part we have great experiences,fantastic buyers,and lots of folks who come back for more. I am NOT pointing the finger at anyone, but if this rings any bells..please think twice before hitting the SEND MAIL button. This goes for any seller you are contacting. If you expect courtesy,show some.
*drops her microphone*

Amber

Old 04-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
ldydrgn
Amen!!!

Old 04-23-2006, 11:29 PM   #3
allthatslithers
Better day today

I LOVE when a buyer or serious prospective buyer can contact you, and you have something they've been wanting sooo bad. You can almost imagine them lighting up like a kid at Christmas. Now THAT is cool. Love that feeling.
We were contacted by someone who bumped into a Hydrops Triangularis in Peru, and found our ad. Was stoked. had a great conversation and he even shared pics of the one he found in Peru. How cool is that? Much better day!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
lizardsister2
I agree. So far I've always bought and haven't sold. And I am but a poor college student, so if I think it can be done politely I obviously try to get a deal where I can. But you can be considerate. You don't just tell me that there animals aren't worth much, If you don't end up buying you tell them that so you don't waste their time, etc. And I think sellers do the same. I hate it when there's an ad that says "make me an offer" then I do, and I never hear. If you got a better offer, or you'd like to haggle over the offer that's fine, but I took the time to reply to you, so you should take the time to reply to me. And we should both use lots of polite pleases and thank yous because there's just no reason no to be civil.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
allthatslithers
You know I really am not that picky,Im seriously not. lol
I don't expect emails full of pleases thank yous etc but every now and then doesn't hurt. Sending emails to a seller that sound an awful lot like barking orders...is BAD BAD BAD people. Yes I am here to help you, yes I believe in customer service. BUT if you're a rude little ____ all my willingness is out the door. Seriously there are buyers who email like youre some kind of lowly servant. Excuse me?, ..Neeeext! I buy and sell, Ive also traded. I would never email a seller and say so uneloquently "get it sexed,send me more pics" o_0
Same with deals, nope not opposed but don't demand, try to bully, be sneaky or agree to price then try to knock it down $50 2 days after payment should've been sent. Hey we're down with poor college students!
Make offers- I don't like those, but that's me. I don't like buying or selling that way. I always feel like a clueless jerk and tell them to name a price. Im horrible @ haggling.

Old 04-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
ffollett
Amber tell us how you really feel.
Don't hold back now.
Your blocking.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I have to admit while I was reading that I was shaking my head agreeing with you.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:38 PM   #7
allthatslithers
Lol
Lol
Lol Lol

Old 05-07-2006, 05:56 PM   #8
Cat_72
Talk about RUDE...

I have a couple of somewhat local shops I sell to on occasion. One had called last Wednesday, saying they REALLY REALLY needed a couple of corns if I had any, which I did, but told them I couldn't bring them up until this weekend, probably Sunday, which they said was great.

Soooo......today I packed up the babies and headed off to deliver them. I get to the shop and there's a sign on the door. "Sorry, closed early, but we'll be open our regular hours tomorrow". WTF?? I drove 30 miles for THIS?

I don't mind delivering when I have to do some shopping anyway, but I made a special trip today, and especially with the gas prices the way they are, I was more than a little bit peeved. How hard would it have been for them to pick up the phone and tell me that they were closing early? I could have either come up in the morning, or waited until tomorrow.

Jeez, I hate people some days.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #9
allthatslithers
more ranting

Freaks who copy your style, your ads, your wording, your photo albums, your adjectives.
In other words those lacking any grain of originality whatsoever. So soooo pathetic.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #10
allthatslithers
Cat-

Should've charged for delivery!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!