Buying a Snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
99SS#20
Buying a Snake

I have tried to buy snakes from two different members here, and both have been sub-par. Pictures never sent, responses never given, shipping dates never met. I must say I am very disappointed in this, and hope this is not indicative of the board in general.

Thanks for the time.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Briscoe007
Hey Matt,

I noticed that both of the snake that you tried to buy were from unrated users with no karma. There is nothing wrong with that; I have a great blood and a couple ball pythons that came from just such people. However, the ratings systems can certainly help you.

If someone has no trader rating it means that they have not done business with anyone who could or cared to give them a rating. If they have no Karma it doesn't mean something is wrong with them, but it does mean that most people simply know nothing about them.

I have gotten some great deals with people who have no rating or Karma, and I have had nothing but professional experiences with those people who are rated.

Good Luck

Old 12-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
knlreptiles
i've done business with multiple indivduals on this website so far matt and so far any business that i've done has been nothing but exceptional. I think recieving the animals is more a matter of feeling people out then having a bad site. My suggestion and what has worked in the past for me is don't make the purchase without pictures, usually anyone who's going to be professional is MORE then willing to send you pictures or contact you, if not, there is usally something they feel is worth hiding. Some people i know for sure are worth dealing with are the two people that are my friends on my home page i think likebul1, attrociousone is another and there is samatawe i think is his name, i've done business with all of them and they are all GREAT! On top of that we're expecting some baby ball pythons and some crested geckos here soon! so please keep in touch with me as well i promise a professional experience.

Kyle Rose

K n' L Reptiles

Good Luck

Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
Shadera
I think lumping everyone together would be a horrible thing to do. Sure, there are scumbags. There are on any forum. The people who donate their time to keep this place running never really know who those scumbags are until they unfortunately show themselves, so there's nothing they can do to prevent it. We've just got to be vigilant ourselves. Try to stick to sellers with good feedback and at least one recent good guy thread. Never be afraid to just straight out ask what people's experience is with a seller, that alone can tell you a lot!

I've had both awesome experiences here with buyers and sellers, and some that made me want to pull my hair out. The good guys are out there, you just have to be choosy. If you're working a deal and at any time you feel uncomfortable with the way things are going, don't hesitate to back out. There are too many good guys out there to be stuck dealing with people who don't stick to their word.

Old 12-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #5
99SS#20
I appreciate the words of support, wisdom and encouragement. I am sorry if it seemed I lumped everyone on the board together, it was not my intention. My fingers got going a little faster than my patience. I by no means wish to sound disrespectful to anyone on here. As a rule I try to be more patient and calm than this, having a bit of Christmas shopping boil over. Sorry.

Thanks,

Matt

Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
knlreptiles
Hey man no worries we've all been there done that in one aspect or another! No ones taking offense we just all want the same thing, good personable respectful service! Just ask around about people if you have questions and make sure you really know who your dealing with.. If it's the best deal in the world and some person is out to pull one over on you it may not be so pretty in the end.. Really know what your gettin into we as a community look out for eachother of you ever have questions fire away!

Kyle Rose

K n' L Reptiles

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!