Disgusting pet shop... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 AM   #11
annmikeal
And I thought the place in the next town over from me was disgusting I actually feel so gross just looking at the pictures. They should be put under the jail for the way they are treating these animals. This last pic with the corn snake makes me want to scream... not only did you let a freaking mouse eat the damn snake, then you let the snake on sand.... Idiots

Old 11-04-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
lpd209
Is this place in Canton?

Old 11-05-2010, 03:40 AM   #13
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmikeal View Post
And I thought the place in the next town over from me was disgusting I actually feel so gross just looking at the pictures. They should be put under the jail for the way they are treating these animals. This last pic with the corn snake makes me want to scream... not only did you let a freaking mouse eat the damn snake, then you let the snake on sand.... Idiots
I believe it was crushed walnut shells. Very nasty crushed walnut. That is one of the cleanest tanks believe it or not. You can see all the feces and crap in there. I picked out a bunch of pieces of a bad shed from whatever was in there before when they first got it. I'd love to nurse her back to health. She is really sweet once you get her out of the tank. She would make some pretty babies next year if she was mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpd209 View Post
Is this place in Canton?
Wooster, actually. I'll drop you a PM in case you're in the area anytime soon.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:30 PM   #14
RogerProws
The place by me is just like that. Been reported multiple times, and "under investigation" for over a year; but no fruit. It's frustrating, but it's also reality unfortunately. They have been reported through multiple organizations and to date no sanctions.

Old 12-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #15
Jdog3131
I love(CLEAN) pet stores,they have mice when i need them and are CLEAN.If you even let me in there there would be many curses and stealing! Horrible people

Old 02-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
herp_huggs
Oh my.... I can't imagine how much pain that poor snake is in... rats can gnaw thru practically anything! This is horrible! good for you for taking a stand against them! Sadly, I'm sure plenty of people have seen this and just kept on walking. After all, its not their tail being chewed off by a rodent....

Old 02-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
victoria
What it looks like is the critter castle, went in once to buy crix. I left without them and have never been back. I believe the same people had a shop next to Dinos drive - thru and the smoke shop.. place was horrid opened the door and the smell of urine was so strong your eyes instantly burned didnt even step through that door.

Old 02-18-2011, 02:48 AM   #18
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria View Post
What it looks like is the critter castle, went in once to buy crix. I left without them and have never been back. I believe the same people had a shop next to Dinos drive - thru and the smoke shop.. place was horrid opened the door and the smell of urine was so strong your eyes instantly burned didnt even step through that door.
Yup! I hear people complain about PetCo and Pet(not so)Smart and how they care for thier animals. Sure they may not be "ideal conditions", but every PetCo/PetSmart I've been in at least kept thier cages clean and presentable with fresh food and water and would offer them vet care when needed (I worked at PetSmart in Abilene, TX twice for about a year each our animals were taken care of pretty well). So when I hear them complain about how bad those places are I wish they'd look here so they can see how much worse it could be!

Another place in town (Pet Supply Plus) has also made my "do not buy from" list. They were keeping thier snakes on sand. They have a desert king (mislabled as a cali king) that had sand caked in his mouth, eyes, nose and under his scales, which were badly infected. I educated the staff there on proper care for them and even took the time to clean the cages and care for the kingsnakes wounds (he is much better now) and so far I have yet to see them on sand again and have since been housed on cage carpet. Fair enough there I suppose, but they have a bad mite problem now. A problem which my mother in law didn't find out until it was too late. She bought some crickets from them and overnight her frog tanks were overrun with the little and ended in the death of one of her pacmans. I confronted the manager who very rudely called me a liar and claimed many outrageous things. For instance, crickets cannot carry mites. Mites will not harm, let alone kill frogs. I should buy treatments from them (as if I'd spend one penny there!). The treatments they said I needed to buy from them were, the managers first choice, a treatment for ticks on birds (forget the name) or ReptileRelief (which very clearly states on the label do not use on amphibians). No sympathy whatsoever, no appology, nothing. I showed her how many of thier animals were also infested with mites. She claimed they were fine.

My wife and I have been researching starting our own pet store/pet supplies in the area since we live out in the middle of amish country and would be a decent location to service the area since these shoddy pet stores are the only thing offered even close to the area and they are a decent drive from here. Hopefully our dream will come to fruition and we can put these places out of business!

Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #19
DAND
I had heard of this thread but had not seen it until now. I'll admit I thought it was a different shop when seeing the pics (actually it could have been one of two shops within 10 miles of me ). Which would tell you the condition of the shops located around here. It is unfortunate that the shops are still supported enough to continue to be in business.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:50 AM   #20
Focal
WOW. If you can get some more pictures and PM their info, I will go drop it off at the Peta headquarters down the street from me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!