I cannot believe this crap! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
AK907
Angry I cannot believe this crap!

You probably won't either!

My paychecks at work have always seemed a little low for the hours I worked since I started a couple months ago, but like an idiot I didn't save my print outs of the hours I worked at the end of the night. I started to save them recently. Yup, the hours on my check didn't match the hours I actually worked. I missed 4 days this pay period because of a nice little hospital visit, so almost an entire weeks pay. Out of the 6 days I worked on this pay period I was short 11 hours on my paycheck! 11 freaking hours! Well, I know why now. Something which is NOT in Subway's policy, something I was NEVER told about. None of at work were told this. We are only paid for the hours we are SCHEDULED. Not the hours we actually work. I'm a closer and my schedule usually says 4-11pm. I cannot start my closing duties until we are actually closed at 11pm. I can't take down the coffee and tea, I can't wrap the bain up, I'm not even supposed to mop until we are closed and have the store roped off because its considered a slip hazard (the exception is if a mess is made, like a spilled drink). It usually takes me until at least 12:30am to completely finish all my closing duties (cleaning everything, prepping food for morning, counting down the tills and safe, doing inventory on supplies and food, etc. Same as any job like this). Weekends I get out even later because we are busier and we close alone. We all close by ourselves. We lose our "closing helpers" at 7-8:00pm. I'm not the exception. Other closers get out at the same time I do. How in the hell can this be legal? Because I spoke up they have agreed to pay me the difference for this paycheck ONLY and because of me speaking up we are now required to be completely finished and out of the store by 11:30pm (which we won't get paid for the additional :30!) or else we will be written up first, then fired! Bullcrap! The other gal who closes on my days off is equally pissed off at this matter and rightly so. She is getting screwed out of her time and money as well. She is a single mom with 4 kids so she needs every penny she can get and I'm sure she would like to spend every second she can with her kids, not working 2 hours for free every night away from them.

I have tomorrow off. I'm putting some apps in elsewhere. This is beyond bullcrap!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #2
Melinda
Sounds illegal to me. Contact your local employment office for help. If it is indeed illegal, they'll help you get what is owed to you and the other employees.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #3
Jadenkisses
I've heard of this happening with many fast food chains and even other types of business.
They get you to work "off the clock" with out you even realizing it, and then they "only have to pay you for your scheduled hours". It's total BS, and they seem to be getting away with doing that to people most of the time.
I don't know if it's technically 'illegal', but it definatly should be!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
chamgirl99471
It is illegal to make you work off the clock so if you contact the BBB they will be able to help you out in this situation! You get payed for the hours you WORK.. not the hours you are SCHEDULED to work.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
Southern Wolf
exactly... this is an illegal practice. If you work it... according to the federal gov.. your supposed to get paid. Keep up with your time clock slips... and your payroll. Find a new job THEN go after them. Wait till your elsewhere so your life is easier... just keep smiling inside and dont tell any of your co-workers or friends your plot.

Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
AK907
Got my check today for the money they owed me, but only for the past two weeks. The genius' sent it to the wrong store too. Only way I found out is because a guy I work with, his girlfriend works at that store. Figured out that if they pay me for the hours I worked "after hours" it will be around the $1,300 mark so far. That is a pretty big chunk of change. Can't wait til I find a new job so I can nail these crooks to the wall! Still gotta be a good little monkey until I have a new job because we can't afford me losing the job without having another lined up.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:06 AM   #7
Shadera
Goodness, that's a really crappy way to treat your employees. I bet their turnover is through the roof.

I really like Kevin's idea. Just keep on smiling, all the while imagining their crying in court later.

Old 10-30-2010, 12:13 AM   #8
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Goodness, that's a really crappy way to treat your employees. I bet their turnover is through the roof.

I really like Kevin's idea. Just keep on smiling, all the while imagining their crying in court later.
Im a devious little ... what can I say

Old 10-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
chamgirl99471
Someone needs to get injured "After Hours" and see how they handle that.. It's a liability on their part to have you working Off the Clock!! Just be a good little boy.. keep track of your hours and good luck finding another job!

Old 10-30-2010, 12:52 AM   #10
AK907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
I bet their turnover is through the roof.
At least one every two weeks. Actually, no new hire has stayed more than a month since I've been there. Pretty scary considering there is only a staff of 6 people. Just us 6 saps who have no choice but to take it up the tailpipe because we have families to support and jobs are few and far between in this little town.

This is only temporary, though. Gotta keep telling myself that. Hopefully my wife will find a job soon so we will be able to start putting back enough to move to Wyoming next year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!