Ethanol - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 10-17-2012, 01:46 PM   #21
Metachrosis
best I recall my Sheeple comments have been non directive,
so we know where that puts that

Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #22
WebSlave
Warning: Please note the topic of this thread and endeavor to keep your posting directly related to that stated topic matter. If you want to discuss another topic, there is nothing stopping you from starting a new thread about that particular topic matter.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
Metachrosis
^wrong video^

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #26
JColt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
^wrong video^
Before I read this I was like, whaaaa? lol.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #27
Clay Davenport
I noticed this statement listed as one of the pros of ethanol:

Quote:
Increases local and state tax revenue: The American Coalition for Ethanol estimates production will increase local and state tax revenue by about $1.2 million per year.
This is true in more ways than they intended to admit I think, and also one of the reasons government promotes ethanol use. The actual increase in tax revenue is far greater than 1.2 million.
We are taxed on gasoline by the gallon. You use more gallons to go a given distance on an ethanol blend than you would regular gasoline. Therefore they collect more excise taxes on an ethanol blend fuel because we have to buy more of it than we so straight gas.

Lets do a little math.
Based on my own gas mileage, it requires 79 gallons of 10% ethanol fuel for me to drive 1000 miles. It takes 68 gallons of ethanol free regular unleaded to drive the same distance.
Based on the NC tax rate on fuel, that's an extra $6 per one thousand miles I drive in taxes if I burn the ethanol fuel. Not a lot in itself, until you extrapolate that figure.
Let's say the average driver puts 10,000 miles per year on his car, a conservative estimate for many people. That's an extra $60 per year per person driving.
NC has 6 million licensed drivers, that's an additional $360 million in fuel taxes for the year.

Granted that math involves a lot of assumptions and is entirely based on my personal vehicle, but the point is still made that whatever the real figure is for the increased tax revenue it is a significant number.
Add to that number the increase in sales tax we pay on our food, that the state also gets. Your sales tax is based on the total price of your purchase. Ethanol is one of the reasons your grocery bill is higher every year, and often from one month to the next. As food prices increase, your total grocery bill is higher, and you pay a higher sales tax on it as well.

The American Coalition for Ethanol probably doesn't want to talk about the REAL amount of increased tax revenue because that is coming directly from us as consumers and does not support their cause.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #28
WebSlave
Well, I did my part yesterday to help with world hunger. I drove up to the Sunoco station that has non-ethanol 93 octane gasoline and filled up the blue vette's gas tank with it. So I'm using gasoline that isn't taking food out of anyone's mouth because it was used to supplement the gasoline I purchased.

Too early to tell if I will notice any difference, but I did note that driving down my dirt road at 8 mph (yeah, it's kind of bumpy) I didn't have the engine surging that I normally have when driving this slow.

Just wish there were more gas stations available that gave me this option.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #29
Clay Davenport
From what I've gotten from talking with other people is the better your gas mileage to begin with the greater the improvement you see on the ethanol free gas.
My truck only sees 2-2.5 mpg improvement, but I was getting 12.5 mpg on the ethanol. A friend of mine has a Corolla that he got 38-40 at the most but he took an all day drive a week ago and averaged 48 on the non ethanol.

As for availability, we need to get congress to suspend the Renewable Fuel Standard which requires that 9 billion gallons of ethanol be blended with gasoline per year. This number is also required to be increased to 36 billion gallons by 2022. Just imagine the price of corn along with virtually everything else by that time.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM   #30
Metachrosis
This was all discussed and described "publicly"in length back in early 2001
They told people it was coming,its now here . . . . .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!