Lets liven up this forum, there has to be more Pit fanciers out there - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What is important to you in any Pituophis?
I only will buy locale specific normal animals! 1 9.09%
I enjoy locales but I keep what looks good to me whatever they are! 9 81.82%
I am only interested in morphs both pattern and color. 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #1
John Cherry
Talking Lets liven up this forum, there has to be more Pit fanciers out there

Hey guys/girls John Cherry Here from Cherryville Farms, we just started sponsering this forum and would love to see some more interaction in here.

I started a poll in here also! Maybe we can all start there.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 01-11-2005, 07:24 PM   #2
Nokturnel Tom
Way to go John!

Pits are my faves. Never saw one I didn't like. From puppy dog tame to down right mean they're all perfect in my eyes. Currently keeping
1.2 Patternless Pines
1.2 Sonoran Gophers
1.1 Deppei Deppei
1.1 Deppei Jani
my wish list consists of
EVERY OTHER PIT NOT LISTED ABOVE LOL
Let's hope this forum gets some interest. Take care Tom Stevens

Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM   #3
herphobbyist
nothing like a pit

John,
I agree with Tom, I like all pits. Unfortunately space is an issue so I've decided to keep only bullsnakes. Ron

Old 01-12-2005, 02:41 AM   #4
Mattcbiker
John, nice to see you here. This is a great forum in my limited time here. I'm an owner of just one Kankakee bullsnake and she's such a fun pet so far.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #5
starwarsdad
I currently have a hatchling pair of black pines. I have kept bulls in the past. I am looking forward to branching out to other species as money allows.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #6
John Cherry
I agree

I guess if you have to have an additction, there are a lot worse ones than pituophis. I was in the snake house today, cleaning some cages, doing some records work etc. And I started looking at the amount of space we have devoted to the pit. group and each year it seems to expand and the others remain fairly constant. They are just awesome animals.

We have started down a new road in our collection with finding and then putting together color morphs that are locale specific. It has been a chore, but man I am excited about the project.

Currently we have in the collection a bull snake that is an albino, that was caught by some folks that own a golf course three years ago. They kept him and now as an adult around 6 1/2' he is awesome. I paid them a bit of money and also had a friend secure me 7 females and 2 males form the same area. Now we have a good breeding group of locale specific animals from Lubbock, Texas. Of course they are normals, but that will start the het project and then albinos in a few years.

The other bull we have now secure is a line of axthanic bulls from the Miami County Kansas area. They are breeding true and are really awesome black and white aniamls as adults.

Several other gophers, two other bulls and one pine add to the locale morph list, but it is going to be fun in the next few years to work with them. We still plan on keeping our other lines, but are going to concentrate on this new project. LOL. My wife says it is jsut an excuse to have more pits, come to think about it. She may be right.

John Cherry
Cherryville Farms

Old 06-10-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
cyberfrog
We currently have:
1.1 Yellow Phase Bulls(Jason Nelson)
1.1 Double Het Albino/Whiteside Bulls(Jason Nelson)
1.0 Albino Whiteside Bull(Jason Nelson)
1.0 Ghost Bull
0.1 Bell Whiteside Bull(The ghost and Bell are supposed to be het for snow, I'll let you know in a year, lol)
0.1 West Texas Locale Red Bull(Rick Krumrine)
1.1 100% Het Pied Black Pines(Rick Krumrine)

Old 06-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
cyberfrog
I forgot:
1.0 Random Hypo Bull

Old 06-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #9
pituophislady
Hey there,

I've had Northern Pines in the past. Currently I have 1.1 Albino Southern Pines that I picked up from Ron in '03 (thanks again...they are doing great). I plan on adding two pair of deppei deppei, a pair of Kingsville red bulls, a pair of ghost bulls, in the next year or two. This year, I'm focusing on Nic boas

Amie

Old 06-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #10
PaulSage
I got my first and only (so far) bullsnake as a tag along with a group of emorys that I received three months ago. She's an '04 albino het WS and is growing fast! I had always had an interest in bullsnakes, but until recently, I did not know that I could legally keep any here in WI. Apparently having obvious color morphs is acceptable.

So far, she has been the only reptile capable of sending the dog scrambling out of the snake room and up the stairs. The first two days I had her she was a little hissy on and off, but since then she hasn't even flinched when I open her drawer. I'm definitely hooked, and will be looking for a snow male toward the end of the season.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!