Info Al Brown/ Liar - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:24 AM   #71
allreptiles1966
You can twist it anyway you need too.I know what Al promised and i did not get it.
And that Dude shadowaced-...
I'm sorry you think Al is God or something. I only used the ADBA UKC thing to show some people what lineage is as some do not know,its obvious reading a few of the post.! set of parents is NOT lineage.LOOK it up.
Maybe Al should not have used that term if he didnt understand what it really meant.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #72
crotalusadamanteus
I can understand where you, being involved with the purchase, might not be able to open your mind to the fact it was a simple case of miscommunication. But we're outsiders to the transaction, and we're not blinded by our disappointment in how things went. Maybe instead of pounding your fist on the desk insisting he lied to you and is a bad guy, you ought to sit back and open your mind to what others are saying.

Nobody here thinks Al is a god. But the fact is, he's been selling for a while, no problems or complaints, and then you come along with "he's a liar" like a scolded 12-13 yr old kid. Your lack of patience does not make him a bad guy in our eyes. In fact, it's been voiced already that your unreasonable attitude in this matter, your refusal to look on the other side of the fence, makes you look worse then him.

"The human mind, much like a parachute, works a lot better when it's open"

Old 11-02-2011, 11:57 AM   #73
reptilebaby
ShadowAceD is a Lady. lol
You know, it would be cool to have a reptile registry, but could you imagine all the work? Ugh
And if someone tried to sell a reptile that was not registered? Same as the dog breeding world it could turn into a real

Old 11-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #74
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
You know, it would be cool to have a reptile registry, but could you imagine all the work? Ugh
And if someone tried to sell a reptile that was not registered? Same as the dog breeding world it could turn into a real
I absolutely do NOT agree that we need more control over hobbyists, what they do, how they buy and sell. A registry would put every reptile owner square at the mercy of any government group that decided they wanted a piece of that pie.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:35 PM   #75
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
Rich is well aware of my gender, he is just bitter that, once again, I am poking holes in his logic, or lack thereof. He jumped the gun on this thread and is being fairly unreasonable on why he posted it in the first place.

Rich, I do not think Al is "God". I do not even know the man on a personal level. What I do know is that, as of right now, his reputation speaks for itself and until anyone else can prove otherwise (you did not), he is a Good Guy and he what he gave you was perfectly fine. I really have to wonder what your primary dysfunction is sometimes. You bought a number of animals from a guy back in 2009 (your first boas) that ended up being infested with mites, yet that guy does not have a BOI Thread. However, Al Brown, who sold you a quality animal with a quality background that he showed you gave you what you feel is "inadequate" paperwork and he is the one who gets the BOI Thread? A BOI Thread that, despite the little light bulb for the icon as opposed to the red "X" came off as you calling the man a liar and, therefore, a "Bad Guy".

You need to reevaluate yourself.

You are going to burn some bridges really quick in this hobby before you even reach them with this type of "ambitious" attitude.

Also, just because, the definition of lineage is, as follows:

1. lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or extraction.
2. the line of descendants of a particular ancestor; family; race.

Synonyms: 1. pedigree, parentage, derivation, genealogy. 2. tribe, clan.

This is the definition of an ancestor:

1. a person from whom one is descended; forebear; progenitor.
2. Biology. the actual or hypothetical form or stock from which an organism has developed or descended.

You did receive lineage. The reason why any comparison to the AKC, ADBA or anything like that is so irrelevant is because those clubs and organization have a set standard on how far back "lineage" and "ancestry" need to go. There is no such thing here in the boa world, therefore, "lineage" and "ancestry" can actually begin and end with the parents. That is still lineage and it is still ancestry.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #76
reticguy76
am i reading this thread correctly ??!!!

i mean, who asks for generations of papers ??

next thing would be to ask who the snakes second cousin, third removed was !!

help me out, what exaxtly is the point/benefit of knowing a snakes lineage beyond the parents

Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #77
jrbannister0726
the end

I believe that is game, set, and match. Burn

Old 11-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #78
reptilebaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I absolutely do NOT agree that we need more control over hobbyists, what they do, how they buy and sell. A registry would put every reptile owner square at the mercy of any government group that decided they wanted a piece of that pie.
I didn't mean that it'd be good for others to have more control over our hobby. I feel that too much is regulated as it is! I'm thinking more along the lines that it might be nice to have something like that for people who might wish to be able to trace their snakes' ancestry, but not necessarily having EVERYONE having to do it.

I DO think that it could end up being a bad thing if that were to happen, however, and that it could end up as the dog registries have. Alot of BS and people thinking you HAVE to have a registered dog and that nothing else is acceptable, which would not be good.

I, myself am perfectly happy with the way things are now.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #79
reptilebaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
You did receive lineage. The reason why any comparison to the AKC, ADBA or anything like that is so irrelevant is because those clubs and organization have a set standard on how far back "lineage" and "ancestry" need to go. There is no such thing here in the boa world, therefore, "lineage" and "ancestry" can actually begin and end with the parents. That is still lineage and it is still ancestry.
This is one of the problems I did see with the idea of a reptile registry, too. I would hate to see reptiles bred to exact specifics-It wouldn't do much good to try either since NO reptile is exactly the same.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:53 PM   #80
smilts
I don't see the point of lineage past what it takes to show exactly why the offspring is what its claimed to be. As in this case the offspring is jungle het albino. And look jungle parents albino sire and its proven. I'm sure mr brown didn't either

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!