For Sale $65 citrus/yellow/orange poss het hypo hatchlings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Bearded Dragons

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
PalouseDragon
Talking $65 citrus/yellow/orange poss het hypo hatchlings

Edit: 4/23. I have reduced the price on these little ones to $65...don't want them to end up living in their mom's basement forever, lol. Also, here is a link (to a personal album, not a commercial site) with different pictures of each baby as well as the parents and pedigree for the mother; take a look!!!

http://1drv.ms/1bnaBP8

Hello,

We have 6-8 baby bearded dragons for sale. We aren't breeders and this will most likely be the only clutch we hatch for the next couple of years. We incubated 11 of our eggs and they all hatched. At least 3 of the babies are spoken for. There was about a 1 month span in hatching times. I do not know if this is because of the age of the mother or inconsistent temperatures in the incubator. If we decide to hatch any again we would build or buy a new incubator. Currently they range in age from 45 – 20 days. The younger ones won't go until at least 2 weeks after their first shed.

The mother (Rosabelle) is heterozygous hypomelanistic ice x citrus. We purchased her from Fire and Ice Dragons.

The father (Snicklefritz) was rescued from a pet store. Someone left him on their doorstep, his nose, toes, and tail had been chewed off by crickets and he was near death. It took us over 6 months to nurse him back to a healthy state. He obviously came from some sort of selective breeding, as he is very yellow with orange streaks on his face and neck. However, I am not going to claim that he is any kind of morph as I do not know his lineage.

The babies are all very colorful and have some very interesting patterns. The older ones have had their first shed and their colors became even more pronounced. The one with the red dot on it's tail is just about to shed again and is looking dull, but it is also very vivid. The five oldest are in the pictures because they are the closest to being ready to ship. The younger ones are equally colorful. Check out the album I linked above for more pics!

The parents are our pets (Snicklefritz is my fiance's and Rosabelle is my daughter's) and they are extremely friendly and social. In addition, the babies get handled and played with daily by adults and children. They do not display any defensive behavior when handled and usually just step right onto your hand.

We aren’t interested in making money off of the babies other than the costs we put into husbandry (enclosure, lights, food, etc.); $65 (plus shipping) seems like a fair price to ask for babies that are guaranteed to turn out more colorful than your average dragon. It is very likely most/all of them may end up with vivid coloration. We are more concerned with finding them homes where we know their needs will be met. We hope to send them to someone who can assure us they with have proper temperature, lighting, diet etc, and that the baby won’t be housed with a larger dragon. We are both wildlife ecologists and have taken 400 and 500 level wildlife nutrition classes. The frequency and scale of reptile nutrient and vitamin deficiencies we have seen has us very concerned about the welfare of these little guys. We are more than happy to take the time to go over any husbandry questions you have before purchasing one. We hope that doesn't come off as rude at all; just don't want someone getting one on a whim or purchasing and reselling to a pet store. That's the main reason we posted on a reptile specific forum like this

The babies are fed dubia roaches daily, crickets, 2-3x a week, and black soldier fly larva 2-3x a week. Mustard green, collard greens, and endive are given daily with kale, bell peppers, cilantro, and dandelion greens given occasionally. Their diet is also occasionally supplemented with Repashy VeggieBurger and Repashy MeatPie (to a lesser extent). A few times per week we coat greens with Repashy SuperVeggie and dust insects with Repashy Calcium Plus.

email grant.glover@wsu.edu for inquiries.
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 06-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #2
stratereptiles
still available?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #3
PalouseDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratereptiles View Post
still available?
I can't believe I didn't see this. We currently have 2 available.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!