Bad Guy Scammed by Andrew Michael Popp Las Vegas, NV - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #51
calebroad
I posted my itenerary and I am going to Las Vegas on Tuesday, I will post a picture of me at the courthouse filing the double lawsuits.

Is Scales N Tails liable? Is Andrew Popp liable - that is for the judge to figure out

Is it criminal? He posted them as big adult and het for snow and collected $4500.00 too much because he lied about what they are - so I believe it's criminal, the DA can decided that.

As far as the scam in Miami, he asked me to wait until FEB 1st to make good on the scam - and I agreed. But after that, I'll go straight if Orlando and never think twice about it.

I'm happy somebody thinks I'm bluffing - I mean, what's done is done and the money is stolen, so now I'm gonna have a little fun with it. I will post some Vegas courthouse pics

Old 01-21-2017, 12:03 PM   #52
Dro B
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
I posted my itenerary and I am going to Las Vegas on Tuesday, I will post a picture of me at the courthouse filing the double lawsuits.

Is Scales N Tails liable? Is Andrew Popp liable - that is for the judge to figure out

Is it criminal? He posted them as big adult and het for snow and collected $4500.00 too much because he lied about what they are - so I believe it's criminal, the DA can decided that.

As far as the scam in Miami, he asked me to wait until FEB 1st to make good on the scam - and I agreed. But after that, I'll go straight if Orlando and never think twice about it.

I'm happy somebody thinks I'm bluffing - I mean, what's done is done and the money is stolen, so now I'm gonna have a little fun with it. I will post some Vegas courthouse pics
So was the airplane ticket a cheap bluff?

Old 01-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #53
calebroad
Quote:

Not Orlando - Sorry. I meant Miami Dade courthouse

Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 PM   #54
DavidBeard
I hate to say it, but nobody believes you Chris. Nobody truly believes you're going to fly across the country sueing all the evil turtle scammers.

Heres some blunt advise for you: stop throwing thousands of dollars for turtles to nobodies. Do your research, and conduct transactions with reputable people. Stop being so gullible.

Old 01-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #55
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
I hate to say it, but nobody believes you Chris. Nobody truly believes you're going to fly across the country sueing all the evil turtle scammers.

Heres some blunt advise for you: stop throwing thousands of dollars for turtles to nobodies. Do your research, and conduct transactions with reputable people. Stop being so gullible.

I hate to say it David, but when you say "nobody" you are only referring to you. And I am going to prove you wrong, you know how?

I am going to take a selfie, holding a sign that says "hello David", in front of the las vegas superior courthouse. - And at that point, you will know that you really were wrong.

Here is some blunt advise for you - when you see the picture, maybe give some props that I am ruthlessly pursuing a scammer, and stop hating

Old 01-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #56
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post

David, none of what I say is meant to be rude. But let me be clear, I am flying 2000 miles, and spending an entire day to nail a scammer named Andrew Popp. You seem to come on this BOI, and hate on me a lot.

But thats okay, hate on my friend. I will post a selfie picture of me, with a sign in front of the courthouse on Wednesday night. - I have special rainy day fund set aside, that is dedicated 100% to hunting herp scammers - instead of hating, you should join my cause, lets make a blacklist. Meaning its not intended for those who dislike each other, or get in a sword fight - but would be designed for tried, true, actual thieving little prick low life scammers, kind of like Andrew Popp lol

Old 01-21-2017, 02:44 PM   #57
Lucille
Quote:
Andrew Popp said that even though his add said 6 inches, 7.5 inches, and 8 inches, he said they are actually much bigger - the are heavy breeders, Andrew said.
Did you see the ad and pictures prior to purchase?

Old 01-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #58
calebroad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Did you see the ad and pictures prior to purchase?

Yes, I did, Andrew Popp sounded like he could be my brother, he was very nice and professional. He sent pictures, and with the references, and his six stores, He won my trust.

He sent the pictures, and they looked fine, I guess I should have asked him to put them next to a tape measure, but I mean, come on? At what point do you stop checking something, I really truly thought this was honest and good.

Hey, this is costing me around $7,500.00, so there is really no need for anyone on the BOI to give me grief about it. The reptile industry is very sad, people begging me for money, and scamming, and creeping around.

Its really very sad, and although I love my animals soooooo much, I am likely to leave the community soon. Because of the lack of integrity, pride, morals, and ethics. - The reptile community has too many homeless type people, or maybe like ex-convicts, looking for a new start.

Or I dont know, its very embarrassing that I have been scammed repeatedly, I honestly am very self disciplined, and I accept my responsibility for being careless, and being scammed over and over again.

I worked in law enforcement for years, and left to do Private investigations, so you can imagine the two extremes, where everyone is honest and I put my life in another mans hands everyday. But then now in the reptile community, where its a free for all, people want to harm me, and scam my money, and they have no ethical or religious beliefs that make them not want to act in this manor.

Im meeting with the DA at 10:30, Andrew Popp has a criminal history. I agree with David, that the DA is not going to do crap.

But im gonna walk in there and really tell the prosecutor everything, and I will have proof in hand. And she knows how far I flew out there. Maybe she will issues warrants. (probably not)

But lets pretend she does, - we could use this as a landmark moment for the herp industry, and try to send a clear and present message to the predators, that are stalking our reptiles ads, right now

Old 01-21-2017, 02:59 PM   #59
Lucille
Quote:
He sent the pictures, and they looked fine
Do mature turtles. other than size, have a 'heavy' substantial look to them?

Old 01-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Do mature turtles. other than size, have a 'heavy' substantial look to them?

You saw a picture of the actual critters, and 'mature' turtles either are, or are not, different aside from size.
If they are, you as an experienced turtle keeper would have seen that maturity in the picture.
If they are not, then the ones you got may be mature, just a bit small.
If they are smaller than advertised but mature, perhaps a partial refund would be appropriate.

Quote:

Hey, this is costing me around $7,500.00, so there is really no need for anyone on the BOI to give me grief about it.
Well, actually, there is. You have repeatedly threatened to sue Tails N Scales when there is no proof whatsoever that they took part in the transaction. They had the turtle at one point, but at the time of the transaction it was apparently Popp's turtle.
And while he works there, this was not their transaction.
You seem to be trying to harm a party that looks innocent, Tails N Scales. There is always room to shield the innocent from harm and it is worth standing up and saying something.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!