African Soft Fur Rats - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #11
replvr
Is there not another way to do it. Say with DHL or UPS?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:57 AM   #12
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by replvr
None of the package delivery services that I am aware of accept live mammals.

From the UPS site:

Prohibited Live Animals

Live Animals that are prohibited from being shipped and are not accepted for transportation include, but are not limited to:

* Any poisonous, venomous or threatening animal
* Any Threatened or Endangered species
* Arachnids (All): Examples: mites, scorpions, spiders, ticks
* Birds (All)
* Crocodiles (All): Examples: alligators, caimans, gavials
* Mammals (All)
* Obnoxious Insects: Examples: flies, locusts, mosquitoes, roaches, termites, weevils
* Snakes (All): venomous and non-venomous

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html

Same thing at DHL: http://www.dhl-usa.com/resources/Pro...ommodities.pdf

Same thing at FedEx: http://www.fedex.com/us/services/ter...ml#liveanimals

Old 12-21-2007, 06:06 PM   #13
NTRB
African soft furred rats can be shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by replvr
We use delta dash for our snakes and rodents. They can be shipped live. All you need is an account with delta airlines.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:50 PM   #14
The BoidSmith
One thing to consider is the regulations in your area. These critters are masters in the art of escaping and boy do they reproduce! Where there are cold winters I guess we would be kind of safe, but I don't really know what ecological nightmare they can create if they get loose in FL.

Regards,

Old 02-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #15
jcochrun
someone in SD has them? i'm in western SD and looking to start a breeding colony. unfortunatly i am limmeted in travel only about 55 miles max. i already have lots of rats and mice just looking for those little soft furred ones.....very hard to find.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 AM   #16
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
One thing to consider is the regulations in your area. These critters are masters in the art of escaping and boy do they reproduce! Where there are cold winters I guess we would be kind of safe, but I don't really know what ecological nightmare they can create if they get loose in FL.

Regards,
That's a very interesting thought, Dan. I have thought about that around here, as I have had issues with a certain age of baby ASF escaping the racks, apparently just old enough to be getting quite active, yet small enough to squeak through the space between the top of the tub and the rack section above. I've found a couple on the floor of the rodent room alive and well, and a couple of them OUTSIDE of the room....and I have no earthly idea how they could have gotten out of the room itself. (They were little ASF-sicles though, the bulding outside of the room is not heated).

I have put a shim of sorts in the rack now, so I can barely slide the tubs in and out, but as far as I can tell, it's keeping them in. My ol man's theory was to put cats in the rodent room to destroy all escapees before entering the outside world LOL.

But seriously, I have heard rumor that ASF are not allowed some places, but have not been able to find much in the way of documentation of anything of the sort.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #17
Abby
I know people seem to need these guys. I just started raising them, I am in Ohio. I got 1.4 a little over a month ago and I've already got 4 litters out of them. If anyone is looking for them in this area, I'd be more than happy to supply you. Of course, no shipping though

my email is abby214@live.com

Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 AM   #18
mbreptiles
I have a colony of ASF rats going. I am located in Oregon. We also have a surplus of about 1000+ rats a week and 4000+ mice a week if anyone is looking for rodents.

Thanks,

Matt Bruner
www.mbreptiles.com
sales@mbreptiles.com

Old 05-05-2008, 01:52 AM   #19
jcochrun
I am looking for anyone willing to ship asf rats live, I have lots of normal fancy rats. I live in western South Dakota.

Thank you
Jamie

Old 09-04-2008, 04:50 PM   #20
oakrodents
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxom1957
Arrrgggghhh! Every time I see these guys, I drool, and they are never anywhere even close to California!

Wishing you were here....
They are illegal in CA. Just a heads up if you are planning on getting live ones.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread