Info paulkings - "paul ngu" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:01 PM   #1
hhmoore
paulkings - "paul ngu"

This account posted ads today for baby spider monkeys and African grey parrots. The images used in both were easily found in ads showing locations around the world. (I didn't take the time to locate the origin of either, but the links below show the image use)
spider monkey photo
African grey photo

In addition, searching the phone number provided in the ad yields numerous other (scam type) ads, as shown below (there are many more - but note the locations of the various ads)
First is the spider monkey ad posted here, the rest are ads found in a number search
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
hhmoore
This is just a formality, but...
Mr Ngu, please provide verification of your name/location by sending a copy of your driver's license (or other government issued ID) to faunaIDchecker@yahoo.com. Check your PM for important details.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Big Time Reptiles
Harald,
That's not a Spider monkey, that's a photo of a white faced Capuchin.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
Mikkwa
I don't have any proof that I can add, but the African Grey Parrot ad taking photos from Google is a classic parrot scam. Another thing to watch for with parrot scams are when the seller is "Giving" the birds away to "A Good" home. And uses bad grammar just as in reptile ads with this.

Offering very expensive parrots such as Hyacinth macaws, Black Palm Cockatoos, etc. for a few hundred dollars or even free is usually a dead giveaway of a scam. And granted African Greys are very smart birds, but the statement that they can read is a very good indication these folks may not be on the level.

The add posted for the "Spider Monkey" sounds very similar to parrot scams I have seen as far as the wording this seller uses.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #5
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time Reptiles View Post
Harald,
That's not a Spider monkey, that's a photo of a white faced Capuchin.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles
You're correct...but it is listed as a spider monkey in the ads. I probably should have put it in quotes, or pointed out the discrepancy. Thank you.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:12 AM   #6
Pasodama
A rather popular scam.
This scam is the offer, of a free animal (or incredibly cheap), but you have to pay for shipping. They pocket the money and, of course, you don't receive the critter.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:51 AM   #7
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
You're correct...but it is listed as a spider monkey in the ads. I probably should have put it in quotes, or pointed out the discrepancy. Thank you.

We raised primates for over 30 years.

You're Welcome!

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 10-23-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
moghue
for what its worth i see they are located in washington DC but the phone number is a Delaware number

Old 10-23-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
hhmoore
Not really located in DC...and, unless it's a landline, the area code doesn't matter much. In the relatively small group of friends whose numbers I have in my phone, several of them are from different area codes.
That said; it's a scam account....so don't expect much beyond the number working.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #10
hhmoore
(302) 715-2513
With him banned, and his ads deleted, I almost forgot to post the phone number. (It won't come up in searches unless it is posted as text - no sense having to start from scratch if it pops up again)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!