Seeking female Corucia zebrata alfredschmidti - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
seishin
Seeking female Corucia zebrata alfredschmidti

Posted in the want ads forum, but thought I should put something here as well.

I have 2.1 Cza's (an elderly pair and their 1-year-old male offspring), and am seeking one (or more!) females of a breedable age to preserve this distinct subspecies. My adult female may be too old to produce any more young.

If you have any you might be willing to sell, trade, or even loan, please contact me.

-- Celeste

Old 11-17-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
jrbl
Just out of curiousity, how old is your female that you think is too old to breed? josh

Old 11-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
seishin
I do not know how old the mother, Shakti, is -- I am making my assessment based on her apparent condition and behavior: she just looks and acts like an old girl. I was told they were long-term captives when I bought them two-and-a-half years ago. And I have a friend who swears this is the same trio he babysat about 10 or 12 years before that, which (if true) would put her age at at least 16-18 (or more)... The other female in the trio (Kali) has been frail since I got her, and has not reproduced. I have had to nurse her through a couple of illnesses, and I am fairly certain she is VERY old. (In fact, I will be surprised if she survives this winter). But she is very sweet -- when she isn't guarding the youngster! :-)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!