Stupid people breeding - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 07-25-2015, 04:32 AM   #1
Big Borg Reptiles
Stupid people breeding

Makes me so mad. I bought a cool looking sand boa female from some random person on facebook...she showed up fine, looked healthy, shipping worked out great. I should mention that she was nowhere near breeding size and that I planned on raising her up for AT LEAST another year before pairing her with a male.

Last week I go into the snake room and have a surprise set of babies. One of them is completely twisted up and dead, another is ALIVE and has a spine so crooked and twisted that it was biting itself, I'm assuming out of pain. Another died the next day. Two other babies that actually made it and seem to be doing well so far. We had to kill the one that was all twisted up just to put it out of it's misery.

Thankfully the mom is fine, but wtf is wrong with people. I wish I could remember her name, I really want to go punch her in the face. Why on earth people pair animals that are way too small is beyond me. Just stupid.

Sorry, just needed to rant.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:41 AM   #2
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
I bought a cool looking sand boa female from some random person on facebook.
You might pay a tad more, but if you buy only from those who have taken the time and effort to establish a good reputation both in business and critter care, the stock you are sent will likely reflect that positive reputation.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:45 AM   #3
Lucille
I'm really sorry for those babies

Old 07-25-2015, 04:51 PM   #4
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You might pay a tad more, but if you buy only from those who have taken the time and effort to establish a good reputation both in business and critter care, the stock you are sent will likely reflect that positive reputation.
I should have known better, it was a complete impulse buy. I actually regretted it like two days after the fact, but I was already committed. Thankfully the mom is still fine, but yea, I can't even tell you how sad it was seeing that twisted up baby. I almost wish she would have kept her so she could see what she did. Whether she'd actually care or not who knows.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #5
Dbz4246
Oh man that's harsh, sorry to hear that. Some surprises can be fantastic, but not when the results are like what happened here...

Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 PM   #6
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbz4246 View Post
Oh man that's harsh, sorry to hear that. Some surprises can be fantastic, but not when the results are like what happened here...
Even if the babies all came out fine I'd still be mad. "Getting lucky" and not killing the animals isn't really what I aim for. The mom shouldn't have been anywhere near a male at her size.

And don't take this as a personal attack, I'm just mad at that lady.

Old 07-27-2015, 11:03 PM   #7
Big Borg Reptiles
If I had bought a breeder size animal and had a surprise clutch that's another story. But this mom was probably 100 grams under a good breeding weight (which is huge for sand boas). From what I've read their clutches are usually 10-20, she had 5...just to put it in perspective. And 3/5 ended up dying or came out dead.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #8
RaceSanchez
That must of been a disturbing sight.......... Sorry to hear that.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:02 AM   #9
Dbz4246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post

And don't take this as a personal attack, I'm just mad at that lady.
Nah dude, your good. I would have been just as pissed either way

Old 08-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #10
Guy Castro
Read the title and thought this was about people in the trailor parks and the projects, having multitudes of kids for society to support.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!