Info on record / Debbie Prince - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #61
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshaMc View Post

The 40 hour heat packs heat up to 155 degrees and use up the oxygen inside the box -- packed inside foil you can imagine how hot it was and how little outside air exchange there was -- why the other two were not affected who knows maybe they to a lesser extent - maybe being on the top they had more air circulation, maybe they were better hydrated, less stressed - maybe the snake was not right going into the bag in the first place -- it's anyones guess.
And maybe just maybe its the well documented genetic defects that most Caramels carry and display.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #62
ToshaMc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
And maybe just maybe its the well documented genetic defects that most Caramels carry and display.

GMAFB - then she misrepresented the snake to begin with

Old 04-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #63
dprince
OK, I'm going to try and answer the questions/accusations as best I can.

*Just as a side note, when I shipped this snake, I was 5 days post-pardum. So when it is mentioned that I just didn't respond to emails, this may make things more clear (not an excuse, just trying to give more information on my state.) The date that Toni received the snake and emailed me repeatedly (starting 6 hours after the email stating she received the snakes and was happy), I was at the doctor's office and the lab/hospital dealing with my baby's jaundice. Which is why I didn't respond to her emails immediately. And when she called me, I was exhausted already emotionally and physically. I was completely caught off guard.

*If I'm a flipper, I'm quite terrible at it, since I took a $300 + hit on this sale. ($2,000 for the het caramel glow pair which I picked up in Anaheim from BHB, and $1800 shipped for the caramel albino, which I bought from John Manser (who was also her breeder.) The total sale was for $3500 shipped.

*There were two phone calls made to me by Toni after Toni received the snakes. One on 2/19/09, and one on 2/27/09.

*I did indeed change the terms of my website. Toni never inquired as to my terms, before, during, or after. Even after I changed the terms, I still offered to replace the snake, and I still stand by that offer.

*I would implore Toni to provide proof of any other emails sent to me other than what I've posted, as I've kept and posted EVERYTHING, including the photos that she sent (even knowing that it was possible to be torn apart for them.) I am here to tell you no such emails ever crossed my monitor. I want all the information possible out there. People will judge how they must - and that is certainly their right.

*I have only asked questions about possible things that could have happened to the snake out of my care. Could something have happened during shipping? Yes. Could something have happened in Toni's care? Yes. People may believe that something happened to the snake in my care. That is their right. I can only rely on my track record to speak for itself. I've shipped and had shipped to me literally hundreds of reptiles. Am I perfect? No. But I can safely say (for those to whom it matters) that I shipped three healthy snakes.

*In one of the first emails, I just ask the question "How am I supposed to know something didn't happen to her once she was received?" This is the only "accusation" on my part during this whole ordeal. I however have been accused of:
*sending a faulty snake
*overheating the snake
*suffocating the snake
*sending a snake with IBD out
*not caring (where does it say or imply that? *I* suggested that she take it to the vet. Because I didn't fall all over myself freaking out in emails means I don't care? I did enough freaking out, just not in email form, I assure you)
*Where does it say in my emails that I won't take responsibility and offer to make this right? Does the offer of a replacement animal not count?

*I asked her repeatedly to take the animal to the vet, to which she had many excuses why she didn't want to. When she did, I asked her to send me a vet report, which she did (albeit a month later, but no matter), and I offered to replace the snake. She stated in several emails that this was an amicable solution. Now it is apparently not.

*I would be more than happy to test and post results so that people would feel confident that my collection is IBD free. What test would people like to see me have performed, short of having one of my healthy appearing snakes euthanized and necropsied? Would blood tests be enough?

Honestly, how many of you would not ask yourself similar questions, if you were in my shoes? How many of you would just refund or replace based only on these emails (prior to the vet report)? All I was asking for was proof, plain and simple. I received it and offered replacement.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #64
jayefbe
The bottom line is that Debbie sent a snake that the customer was not pleased with right out of the box. A refund should be in order.

On top of that, Debbie is not coming off looking very good.
1) shipping box was inappropriate for what she was shipping
2) Attempting to avoid the customer by removing her phone number. On top of that she refuses to acknowledge who she is when the customer does reach her by phone.
3) She deletes her guarantees once it becomes clear that a customer is unhappy.

Whether or not Debbie knowingly shipped an unfit snake, she is going to extra mile to AVOID making amends with an unhappy customer.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 PM   #65
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by myminskins View Post
It seems poor husbandry on your part to buy and resale animals without proper QT and then shipping a sick animal or shipping in a box the way you sent her which was a USED box.too small and improporly packed .Then not to even attempt to make things right from day one and not caring that your collection may have IBD is beyond poor husbandry .
Because of your obvious poor husbandry and poor customer service and uncaring attitude and lack of concern not only for customer satifaction but also indifference as to the possible health concerns this should raise for your own collection and custumers we cannot accept another animal from you .You can sell the animal and send a refund .
Health concerns is a big issue here, Toni did Debbie tell you the origin of this BP such as where she got it and who produced it?

Or any other details such as what bloodline from who?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #66
wyldwurm
Debbie, could you please explain why you refuse a refund?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #67
jayefbe
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince View Post
Honestly, how many of you would not ask yourself similar questions, if you were in my shoes? How many of you would just refund or replace based only on these emails (prior to the vet report)? All I was asking for was proof, plain and simple. I received it and offered replacement.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most would agree. As soon as a customer expressed any concerns, I'd recommend they immediately send it back for a refund. That seems like standard practices.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #68
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince View Post
OK,

$1800 shipped for the caramel albino, which I bought from John Manser (who was also her breeder.) The total sale was for $3500 shipped.
Did you asked John about any health concerns before you bought this bp?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM   #69
johns6068
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayefbe View Post
I can only speak for myself, but I'm sure most would agree. As soon as a customer expressed any concerns, I'd recommend they immediately send it back for a refund. That seems like standard practices.
Sounds fair enough to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldwurm View Post
Debbie, could you please explain why you refuse a refund?
Good question....To why the guarantee on her site is changing faster then the gas prices at my local gas station??? Nothing posted here even matches the current one on her site now...Specifically regarding to the guarantee of her animals she sells and refunds.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #70
ToshaMc
Debbie -- Do you seriously not see how wrong this is? The snake was problematic right out of the box - irregardless of how it got that way - that makes it your responsibility to make it right to your customer. You didn't ask for proof, you didn't recommend a vet, you didn't tell her to return the snake - you blew her off and you told her you had no advice for her. And after all the additional hardship you put your customer through are you really surprised that she doesn't want to wait 6 months for you to get her a replacement snake? Trust me if you choose to stand on your laurels here you are going to end up looking like a crap. Do the right thing take the snake back and give a refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!