Bad Guy Josh King - captive bred Lace monitors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:58 PM   #1
TreeCroc
Josh King - captive bred Lace monitors

Said title -
Buyer beware, this is now the 4th - repeat 4th person TODAY claiming to have captive bred and captive US born lace monitors. In my experience with this species and people working with them as well as myself he ( josh king ) has supplied zero evidence to back his statement despite my inquiry of his expertise.
IMO - this is yet another scam plaguing fauna and social media.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:11 PM   #2
Its_JoeyHello
happens often with this species it seems

Old 11-01-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
Chris Kennard
Seriously? Care to elaborate? Just a little bit?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:53 PM   #4
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

I emailed Josh initially inquiring about the Lace after seeing his respone to a wanted ad and as its an animal I've sought to have for a long time and not something you see frequently on Fauna. We exchanged some emails (the first I can't seem to locate as I sent it thru fauna) but more or less inquired on pricing, bells or normal phase, how long he's worked with Lace and info on the parent animals.

You can read our email exchange below which started out ok until i inquired more and asked for credible information for which he immediately took to the defense.

Read from bottom to top:

Just like with ur buddy I no longer have or need to prove anything to u. Good work tho fellas. Acting like u no what ur talking about. Half the monitors and snakes n this country come in illegally. I'm not proud of it but it happened and I do have the proper documents. It was a long time ago and I have learned a great deal since then. They are other ways to get Lacey's m here tho. Sorry ur buddy thinks he's the only
One producing them. Sadly he's not the only one owning the amazing reptiles anymore. Have a good night. I don't need any credibility either. I know what I have and even gave him my address and invited him to my home
To take a look for himself so maybe he will man up and come take a look and then he can tell u himself he's dead wrong as are u. Stephen brezil. Lol. Wtf. Thanks for wasting yet more of my time.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 8:39 PM, Ryan Johnson <ryanjohnson1182@gmail.com> wrote:

Good evening,

I was being kind of sarcastic in my previous question regarding how hard it was to export out of Australia as to my knowledge Australia hasn't allowed export of its reptiles in many many many years so I figured there was some kind of under table "export" methods.

It's a very prized and sought after animal and when someone all of a sudden is offering them in trades and other wanted reply ads it catches your attention.

I appreciate you sharing that info with me but can't say I'm comfortable with the legality of your animals as I don't understand how animals that left Australia who doesn't allow export of them any longer then acquires the proper documents needed later.

It's hard not to notice TreeCroc blasting you on Fauna. Those are some serious accusations. How could you comfort someone in knowing the animals are in fact what you say snd legal?

I'd be more than interested in legal animals but can't say I exactly have the warm and fuzzies.

You said you bought a male from someone here in US. By chance could you share that source? It might provide some credibility.

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 9:06 PM, Josh King <josh.king127@yahoo.com> wrote:

This is my first clutch I successfully hatched. I know of two others who have produced them but that's it. And it's very difficult. Australia is really tough to export anything. I can't say it was totally legal but I do have the appropriate paperwork now for them. Not something I'm proud of but I was fresh out of the military and wanted them so bad I couldn't stand it. One of my best friends from the military now lives n Australia and exported them for me.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Ryan Johnson <ryanjohnson1182@gmail.com> wrote:

That's incredible.

How hard was it to export them out of Australia?

I can't recall seeing any for sale in a long long time.

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 1, 2016, at 8:13 PM, Josh King <josh.king127@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello buddy. I imported my mail and female bout 5 years ago from a good friend that lives n Australia I was n the military with. The babies unsexed right now are selling for 6000-7000$ being USCBB. Hardly anyone producing them here n the states. I've been working with monitors about 15 years and laces in particular for about the last 5. I have two different males one I purchased from someone here n the states. I don't think any will be around when they get to a sexable age except the one I am keeping. No bells phase however I have 4 eggs cooking from a male and female bells phase so hoping for at least 1 or 2 from that clutch. U can also text me at (309)349-5669. Thanks for looking and feel free to text or call with any other questions. However texting is easier as I work 12 hour days. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone

Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #5
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

I thought it to be amusing that someone gets upset about questioning their credibility after emailing me this:

"I can't say it was totally legal but I do have the appropriate paperwork now for them. Not something I'm proud of but I was fresh out of the military "

Old 11-01-2016, 11:37 PM   #6
DavidBeard
Both of you all seem shady as heck and I wouldn't want to deal with any of you personally.....just the way you've handled this thread (lack of verifiable proof to back up your claims) and your posts in the monitor ad scream stay far, far away from both you and Josh King.

All we have thus far is the guy alleging he smuggled some monitors from a copy and paste job email.....no pictures, no screen shots, nothing of real evidence.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #7
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

I'm not sure how to post screen shot off of phone but I'll attempt
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2016, 11:51 PM   #8
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

Here's another
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2016, 11:53 PM   #9
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

3rd screenshot
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #10
Ryan Johnson
Josh King

4th screenshot
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!