No Longer A Lurker - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Mc1Raven
Talking No Longer A Lurker

Hey everyone, my name is Raven. I live in Ohio.
I've only ever owned bearded dragons but am looking to get my first snake very soon. I'm hoping to find a western hognose or sand boa soon. I'd love to hear any advice any of you might have for a beginner like me, not only about hognoses or sand boas, but all snakes.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #2
Lucille
Welcome Raven!

Old 10-09-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Welcome to Fauna Raven, enjoy!

Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #4
Randall Turner
Welcome to fauna. Jumping into the snake keeping world is a blast and rather addictive, so be ready to be sucked in.

Advice to give... hmmm... So many things can be thrown out here, from getting the animal you want most rather than settling. Making sure you have a feeder supplier lined up so you don't run into a headache down the road. Make sure you get a good enclosure that is escape proof as both of those snakes are rather small. Definitely feel free to post any questions that come up in the corresponding forum section, as well as do searches as there is a good chance anything you want to know can be found already posted in some form or another.

Have fun.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #5
Lucille
Oh yeah, advice!
Mine: Become acquainted with, and use, the BOI forum. Go for quality, but no matter what, check out your sellers on the BOI first.

Old 10-09-2018, 05:43 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Oh yeah, advice!
Mine: Become acquainted with, and use, the BOI forum. Go for quality, but no matter what, check out your sellers on the BOI first.
Great advice.

Also, since you are here... it is good to learn what the member profiles actually mean. Here is a little overview: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...78&postcount=3

Old 10-09-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
elena
Hi Raven! Welcome to the forum! All of the above is great advice. This forum is such an awesome place to learn.

I breed East African sand boas, so if you have any questions prior to picking out your first little guy, please feel free to shoot me a PM any time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!