Wanting to get into Balls, but wife will not allow. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #21
clintdowns
Actually I haven't. I still don't have snakes. Her view is still if you bring a snake in the house I am moving out. They would even be in a room with the door locked and she never hours in it. Been trying to work on the Kenyan sand boas because they are small. Nothing worked yet. Also talked about winning one in a giveaway and that wouldn't be considered buying one. I'd have to take one in a giveaway. RIGHT.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
Inret
Goodness. Well pardon me then, buddy. By all means, carry on. Have you ever thought about garters, maybe? They have the whole social stigma of being completely harmless in a lot of circles. It's not the species sort you want ultimately, but you could maybe wean her onto garters and work from there.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #23
Productmur
Oh, I totally fell for the ressurected thread thing. xD Sorry to pick at old wounds, dude.

Maybe try a different herp first? How does she feel about lizards? I know lots of people who love bearded dragons because of their personality. Perhaps her getting used to a scale-baby that's lots of fun will make her realize not all critters are evil.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #24
clintdowns
Thank you guys and gals so much. I am not upset. I do appreciate all the help I can get. I have beardies, Leo's, and cresteds. She just has this stigma that she is scared to death of a snake. She will not even look at their pictures on my phone cause she thinks she will have nightmares.

It's kind of rediculous.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
sschind
Either she is one tough mom or your daughter just wasn't convincing enough. Now that she is older (your daughter I mean) maybe you can try again. Using kids against one another is every parents right isn't it.

Seriously though dude, if she hasn't softened in two years I think you are SOL. It may seem ridiculous to us but they are called phobias for a reason. They are irrational.

If you are not afraid of flying frying pans you could always get a legless lizard and try to get off on a technicality. Technically it is not a snake, it just looks like one.

Somehow I don't see it working though. Best of luck.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #26
sschind
Or, you could show her all the expensive morphs and let her know how much money you can make by breeding Ball pythons. Tell her she can have half the profits for buying shoes. I've never known a woman who can resist shoes. By the time she realizes that she won't be getting any shoes because there won't be any profits in breeding ball pythons maybe she will have gotten over her fears enough to let you keep them.

Maybe.

And to all you women wanting to throw your shoes at me for the sexists remark it was just a joke.

Maybe.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #27
clintdowns
That's an awesome idea.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschind View Post
Or, you could show her all the expensive morphs and let her know how much money you can make by breeding Ball pythons. Tell her she can have half the profits for buying shoes. I've never known a woman who can resist shoes. By the time she realizes that she won't be getting any shoes because there won't be any profits in breeding ball pythons maybe she will have gotten over her fears enough to let you keep them.

Maybe.

And to all you women wanting to throw your shoes at me for the sexists remark it was just a joke.

Maybe.
That's an awesome idea

Old 10-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #29
Productmur
Oooh! Fantastic idea! I hate shoes, but maybe she doesn't. And if she doesn't like shoes, well, there's always something she'll want the "glorious mounds of money" that come from breeding for. xD

Old 11-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #30
Magic
If she has a caretaker's heart, find a snake that needs to be rescued. Even better if it's kinda a sad story.

Often, if it's viewed as "saving" the snake from a bad situation, the vantage point changed. Because really, is it still a "creepy, icky thing" if it's homeless, battered, and hungry??

I got one of my sorority sisters who routinely killed wild snakes with shovels to accept this "poor little starving corn snake that just needed someone to love him" without even a moments hesitation.

That corn snake is still with her today. And she still calls him, "my poor little unwanted baby"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!