Bad Guy MATT OAKLEY - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2009, 07:27 AM   #31
2kdime
http://www.ball-pythons.net/forums/s...=female&page=5

Emails that I posted on BP.net

Old 09-08-2009, 08:00 AM   #32
DAND
How about we post them here versus providing a link that is a quarter of the way through a different thread on another site? This back and forth crap is like watching a tennis match

Old 09-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #33
2kdime
This is from my gmail account. The conversations I have back and forth between Matt and myself. My words are in bold to help with reading. This is as far back as I could find.

bloodpython1@gmail.com to bloodpython160
show details Aug 24

Hey man, this is Trevor. I got that big Red 03' female off of a ya a while back.

Hey I just wanted to let you know we ran a Culture and Sensitivity test on that girl after having ran her on Amikacin for 2 weeks. We followed suit with a month run of Amikacin and Fortaz combo and she finished that up a couple days ago.

She is right back at it with wheezing and blowing snot out of her nostrils.

I'm afraid there isn't much else I think that I can do for her, and I think I'm going to have to put her down.

She has something in her system that is FAR too powerful. The strongest of antibiotics, and an antibiotic from one of the newest generations of Cephalosporins isn't even touching it.

I wanted to check with you to see if there is anything we can do about this girl to sort of "make things right", as I'm going to have to let her go.

I was also wanting to let you know I will probably be putting this up on the BOI to let people know about this situation if we can't come to some resolution.

Let me know you think we can do about this girl, because I am at an end.

I hope to hear back from you ASAP about this.

Trevor Schilling
bloodpython1@gmail.com

His reply:
bloodpython160@aol.com to me
show details Aug 24
After saying all of this you haven't told me what's supposed to be wrong with her.

My response:

show details Aug 25

That's the question I want answered as well.

My best guess is that its something she picked up from all the mites she had.

Whatever it is, its something pretty nasty. I just can't afford something this bad putting the rest of my collection at risk.

Talk to you soon.

Trevor

My response to Matt:

show details Aug 25 (13 days ago)
Hey Matt.

Just wondering if you thought of anything we can do about this girl.

Trevor

His response:

show details Aug 26 (13 days ago)

No, what do you suggest?

My response:

show details Aug 26 (13 days ago)
I'm thinking whatever I paid for her minus shipping.

I'm going to have her put down today or tomorrow and will gladly send you pictures as proof.

Trevor

show details Aug 27 (12 days ago)
Hey Matt.

I checked on her again last night and this morning.

She's done.

I'm gonna be taking her to the vet this afternoon when I get off work.

Have you decided what you want to do about her? I'd like to know today if possible. I'll be getting on the BOI tomorrow after work if I don't hear back from ya.
Talk to ya soon

Trevor

His response:

show details Aug 28 (11 days ago)

I'm late to work and will get back to you when I get off

My response:

show details Aug 28 (11 days ago)

Thanks.

I'm going to give her a couple more days. I didn't make it into the vet last night, I got hung up at home.

I'm going to try and feed her tonight to see what happens. She has only ate once since she's been here, she's been on antibiotics the rest of the time.

Trevor

Email sent to Matt without waiting on his response:

show details Aug 28 (10 days ago)
Allright Matt.

I got home and she ate, but she's not doing good. She will hiss and gurgle and blow crap out of her nostrils.

Were going to need to go ahead and figure out what to do about her.

I keep wanting to hold out on her in hopes she will pull through, but I think hope is over. Let's go ahead and settle this so we can be done with it.

I'm going to take her in on Monday.

Get back to me ASAP.

Trevor

His response:

I just got home. I really don't feel that she's in a position where she's going to die or needs to be euthanized if she's feeding on her own. I owned that snake for over a year and she's fed regularly and never seemed to have any problems. If you really feel she needs to be euthanized why try feeding her? When reptiles are seriously sick or stressed the do not feed.

My response:

Let me say this.

I know my snakes better than the back of my hand, and this girl has SOMETHING in her system.

If you believe she is still in good health, then buy her back. This girl can't stay around the morphs of Bloods that I have. Them getting sick would be FAR too expensive to replace.

I understand the opposition, but she came in sick and still isn't well enough to my satisfaction despite my best efforts.

Trevor

Trevor Schilling to bloodpython160
show details Sep 6 (2 days ago)

So I thought I'd give her one more shot, since she did indeed eat the other week.

The vet decided to put her on Baytril at 10 mg/kg every 24 hours. That's the highest dose and the most often you can give it to reptiles. It's a different class of drug than we've been using so it was worth a shot.

She's still doing bad, so the Baytril isn't working either.

I guess I'm just trying to emphasize that I've done everything I can do for her, my vet as well.

I'm asking one more time if you want to refund the money for her before I go to the BOI.

Id like to hear back from you ASAP, preferably today.

Trevor

His response:

show details 9:36 AM (10 hours ago)

I will when I get off work

Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #34
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?
From the e-mails he posted I am not seeing threats. If you have any differing e-mails please do post them.

And I know it's been said but WTF were you thinking sending out anything in a banana box? Come on, we all know the lettuce boxes are better to use.

Now to Trevor's claim of mites and URI. The picture you posted of the "opening" of the box does not indicate the animal had mites as I am unable to see any (I did copy and zoom in on the pic and still did not see any either) and you'd figure at least one of the "200-300" would have been visible.

Also, where are the pics of this thing "blowing snot"? I want some good ones with big bubbles.

Any documentation from the vet on these multiple treatments?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #35
critical bill
Trev, I cant think of any good reason your collection would be at risk except if you didn't quarantine her. And I don't think you did - considering you were taking pride photos of her to show on various forums. Certainly the animal wasn't shipped properly and that probably had all to do with the condition the animal ended up in. But I dont think she really needed anymore stress - moving her about to take photos. I think you have to assume a tiny bit of responsibility due to your excitement.

A 50% refund on the animal and total reimbursement on shipping cost seems to be in order. If you can prove with documentation your vet expenses, I think that should be split down the middle as well.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 AM   #36
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastReptiles171 View Post
Would you refund someones money if they threatened you every other email that they’ed post a bad guy thread on the BOI about you if you didn’t comply in an attempt to force you to do so?
Why wouldn't you come here yourself to start a complaint that you were being extorted? If you did everything proper and had nothing to hide or be ashamed of I cant see why you wouldn't.

I don't always agree with using the BOI as a means to pushing a person into a course of action. But some people really need that push. Its obvious you think you didn't need that push but really you did.

You said in your PM to me that you know you were wrong and planned to correct your shipping deficiencies in the future. You recognize your problem and that is a first step in bouncing back. The other step would be to refund Trevor and make this situation right. There is no denying you're a passionate young man when it comes to reptiles. Dont cut corners and let greed take that away from you buddy. Get back to the basics - back to the basics of caring - everything else will fall back into place. Please trust me on this and forget what you think Trevor is trying to pull over on you. You were wrong since step one, you admitted it and now you need to do something about it.

Do something about it.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #37
kbsnakeyez
And let's not just totally bash Matt either..... Yeah his shipping method could do an about face upgrade!!!! And I also looked at the photos and seen no mites. On the more pics needed of the snot bubbles....and vet bill's.... I have purchased from Matt in the past and have had noooo problems with any of my pythons. (2) 0.2 PASTELS (1)1.0 PASTEL, (1)0.1 LESSER AND (1)1.0 MOJAVE. ALL are eating like CHAMPS!!

Old 09-08-2009, 11:13 AM   #38
kbsnakeyez
I'm not choosing any one side here..... just giving a little info on the dealings I have had with Matt.... They have all been good so far.....

Old 09-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #39
dumje
I would say there was threat...he said in his emails that we need to resolve this but...I am going to post this on the BOI anyways???? Matt....fix your shipping methods...

Matt did you agree with the vet he chose?

And yes...a vet will prescribe a general antibiotic because it takes too long too see what specific bacteria may be growing in your snakes body.

just a bad situation that happened...maybe you dont want to sell to him again and he wont buy from you...unfortunate for both parties but sometimes animals die...when you buy an animal you have to be prpaired for the worst...and not blame others if there is not a clear cut answer for what happened.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #40
kbsnakeyez
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!