2nd litter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #1
EPICRATES
2nd litter

Litter #2 consists of 28 babies.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Helenthereef
Very cool - all a uniform colour?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #3
snowgyre
Jay, do S.I. ground boas change color as they age? I would expect to see more variability with hatchling colors if they don't... and the adults I've seen have a decent amount of variation, so I'm guessing they do?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
EPICRATES
Helen,

My crappy ph. pic doesn't capture the color/pattern well on these. They are varying shaeds of grey, white, & beige/brown. This litter is more colorful than the first.

Vanessa,

The babies shed as soon as they're born, & they do brighten up & develop more color/pattern as they mature. it's difficult to chose the holdbacks this early lol.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #5
Helenthereef
I'd love to see better pics when you get time - these Solomon Boas are so close to one variant of our Fiji boa from one specific island, I'm very interested in patterns and colours. Hope you have good success with their first feed - how long will you wait after birth before feeding?

Old 10-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Maki
I understand that these snakes develop more color over the next year or two. They can have such amazing color and pattern. It will be very exciting to see your babies grow. Hope you keep us updated with lots of pictures!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!