Info Mike @ Outback Reptiles - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:22 PM   #11
BeauBoi
Also, you have YET to address the big question: How is it you so not have a system in place to remove an animal from inventory when it is sold?
~Beau

Old 07-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #12
Mike Schultz
Had I knowm the animal was sold, I would have removed it from inventory. How is that a "BIG question"?

How many times do I need to explain to you that I made a mistake in thinking we still had it?

Do you understand why I am frustrated that I have to keep explaining over and over again the simple concept that "I was wrong about something" ?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:33 PM   #13
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schultz View Post
Had I knowm the animal was sold, I would have removed it from inventory. How is that a "BIG question"?

How many times do I need to explain to you that I made a mistake in thinking we still had it?

Do you understand why I am frustrated that I have to keep explaining over and over again the simple concept that "I was wrong about something" ?
Either you aren't reading the questions, or you are avoiding them.

Question: What system do you have in place to ensure that when an animal is purchased it is removed from the system, and how did that system fail?

Also, how do you intend to make sure something like this does not happen in e future to another customer?

~Beau

Old 07-27-2016, 01:35 PM   #14
BeauBoi
* also, YOU told me that the number I initially reached you at (while you were vending a show) was your cell phone. YOU said, "you can call me anytime, I am always open" (which seems to be some kind of motto, since the same statement is on your Facebook page).
~Beau

Old 07-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #15
Mike Schultz
When an animal is purchased, I remove it from inventory. If i did not realize an animal was previously sold, it would still be in inventory.

I do not understand what is so complicated about this.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:38 PM   #16
DollysMom
It's not complicated.

As a seller, I would review and improve a system that clearly allows this to happen.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
Mike Schultz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
* also, YOU told me that the number I initially reached you at (while you were vending a show) was your cell phone. YOU said, "you can call me anytime, I am always open" (which seems to be some kind of motto, since the same statement is on your Facebook page).
~Beau

I told you to call my cell if I didnt answer the shop phone. The email connversation you copied and pasted has my cell and office numbers listed several times. Not sure how you mixed them up. I almost always answer my cell unless I am driving. I can only answer my office phone while I am at the office.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:44 PM   #18
AndyUltimateReptiles
Unless this is some sort of constant and running problem with Mike, which I haven't seen post after post about this, I fail to see the issue here. He admitted he screwed up, and he made it right. There is no perfect system. I doubt every animal has a barcode that is scanned and automatically removed immediately. And even then, what if someone made a mistake and forgot to scan it? We are human. When you deal with a lot of animals and transactions and are trying to be in a few places at once, something will eventually fall through the cracks. I do almost all of my company's Internet orders.

What matters is how you try to recover from that mistake. Mike admitted fault. He gave you your money back.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:46 PM   #19
Fangthane
Quote:
From my perspective, this looks like it may be a situation where a "perfect storm" of ball-droppings allowed a customer to slip through the cracks. In the age of smartphones, there's really no excuse to not maintain contact, especially when multiple modes were attempted. That's probably the only real strike against you that I see out of this.

If the OP actually did lose a day of work over this situation, a 10% discount or a pizza just doesn't seem like righteous compensation for losses that were incurred due to your (Outback's) negligence. Maybe something a bit more substantial would demonstrate how sincerely you regret the situation. Maybe a free snake of comparable value, with the OP only paying actual shipping costs, would be a more meaningful gesture? While it does appear to me that you did clearly show contrition and took immediate steps to make it right, I don't like the idea that your compensation doesn't come close to making up for a day of lost wages.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:51 PM   #20
BeauBoi
Quote:
I told you to call my cell if I didnt answer the shop phone. The email connversation you copied and pasted has my cell and office numbers listed several times. Not sure how you mixed them up. I almost always answer my cell unless I am driving. I can only answer my office phone while I am at the office.
Take another look at the screen shot from my phone that I posted. I DID call your cell phone (at 10:07 am), it is listed right under where I called the office.
~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!