baby bearded not so good - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
skip88
baby bearded not so good

I was givin a baby bearded she said it was hatched at the end of June so he he is a little over a month old and he is about 2 inches and still has the abilical cord ball on his belly.she said he hasent been eating for the the last two weeks they have been force feeding him.he hasent opened his eyes very much and dosent move much but he is still breathing I'm gonna wait a couple days to start trying to feed him some babyfood.so what I'm asking is if anybody has and advice it will be grately appreciated thanks here is a picture of him.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
Headcreeps
I suggest start feeding him the baby food right away, but small amounts since he is so small. Bathe him a few times a day for 10-20 minutes to make sure he is hydrated. What does his stool look like? Do you have proper heat and UVB for him?
Do his eyes and head look sunken in? There is something called oxbow carnivore critical care you can get at your vet or order offline but that should be fed in small amounts as well. I wouldn't wait long to care for him by force feeding as he might not make it if you don't act right away

Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
Headcreeps
Just saw the Pics, he looks very dehydrated. Bathe him frequently in warm water but start as soon as possible
Good luck

Old 08-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
skip88
I just fed him some baby food.his stools are brown and white not runny and his eyes and head are not sunkin in.I have uvv and his basking is 100 degrees I'm pulling for him.thank you so much for the advice.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Lucille
I have no advice but I'm pulling for him too, I think it is terrific that you are trying to help the tiny little guy.
I agree on keeping him hydrated if you can.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
I agree with every thing that Headcreeps has suggested.

I would feed him, very small amounts of babyfood (chicken) 4-5 times a day, every 2 to 3 hours if possible, I would mix some of the baby food with some pedilite & syringe feed him. Cover the whole bottom of his tank in paper towels and moisten them in the morning & mid afternoon (in addition to his soaks, he will absorb fluids through his skin from the paper towels). You don't want him sleeping on wet towels so if they are still wet in the early evening, remove them.

Most important is yo keep him hydrated.

I am pulling for him. Good luck.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Headcreeps
Hopefully he starts eating on his own soon, keep him hydrated and force feed him a little enough to maintain his weight.
Another thing is he is so young and in a new environment, he could be very stressed. As long as his stool is looking normal and he's being bathed frequently I feel he will pull through.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #8
Headcreeps
Yes add pedialyte to his bathing water! Great suggestion snake-queen

Old 08-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headcreeps View Post
Yes add pedialyte to his bathing water! Great suggestion snake-queen
Thank you.

I have quite a bit experience at pitifully young babies ... this one is maybe a week or two (with the umbilical cord area still visible, that is my estimate). I have had a few that people have brought me to shows I vend at that they got from petco/petsmart that are not thriving. some I could save, some I could not. This little one seems to have a good chance.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:11 AM   #10
skip88
alright guys I did everything you guys recommended for the little Guy but he did not pull through the night.I think it was a little to late for him.Now I have bigger issue the lady's dad,boyfriend and brother are calling and telling me I need to replace her dragon cause I was supposed to make him better and give him back.I told them that I would take it and try to make him better there was no garuntee.now I ha e no money and I'm trying to replace a dead dragon that I was supposed to give back. any ideas on what I should do.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!