Wormmans customer service is horrible! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
herpcondo
Wormmans customer service is horrible!

I Placed an order in December 13th for 3000 adult crix, 3000 3/4 crix,, 1000 super worms, and 5 packs of cricket crystals,,, an order totalling more than $110.00 by paypal..
When i do get the order on the 19th, at least 2000 of the adult were dead,, and 1500-1800 of the 3/4 were dead,, and about 1/3 of the superworms were dehydrated and dead,,,and they were shipped a week later than the crickets... also instead of 5 packs of crickets crystals they send me 1 pack,,,
so i placed 5 calls in total to them,, and 4 emails,,, no reply until the following tuesday,,(12-23) where Donna said no problem we will get it handled,,She told me that she would ship the cricket crystals right out that day,,, Today is January 8th and i still have not received the replacements nor any cricket crystals,,,
I have been calling and leaving messages on the answering machine for 3 days now (1-5,1-6,1-7) ,, and still no one has called me back,,( it is such a joke when they say "someone will get back to you shortly") and i have been sending emails and no replies,,,I finally got a reply this morning saying they were sent on the 5th, but today is the 8th and still no crixs or anything else..... also my mail has already run for the day,,and i am still yet to get a phone call from anyone letting me know if everything did ship or not,, etc,,,,
I am a very easy going guy,,, but This has gone on long enough,,, and all i want is what i am due,,, and a call back after me calling long distance 6 or 7 times would be a nice response,,,
I also have another phone number for wormman ( that Donna "the customer service rep" called me on) and i can get a person on the phone there but they will not help me to find out of my order shipped or where it is or answer any questions about my past order,,,( when i asked twice to speak to Donna, they told me i had to call the other customer service line, ) but they are happy to take a new order as one of the girls said! that really pissed me off,! Wormmans website says they have improved customer service,,, well if this is improved i would hate to see what it was like a year ago,,,,! I have purchased from them in the past with very few problems,, and planned on purchasing the bulk of crickets i buy ( about 6000 a week or so) from them every week,, but If i am not even important enough to give a call to after 7 or 8 call and messages left by me,, why would i continue to do business with them,,?
I think i have been very easy going about up to now,, is anyone else having these kind of problems with there customer service,,, or does anyone else know how to speak to a "real person"..?
any input would be nice,,,,

Old 01-08-2004, 02:58 PM   #2
elago
Actually...

I quit using them long ago because of just that, they never seem to get shipping right, and the crix and worms go out at different times, and often show up dead, and then you just get the iggy treatment after they promise to make it right and never do. I had 2K crix show up dead this last summer from them, and though they were promised to be replaced never were, and have since then written it off as a learning experience to never buy there again. Good luck in getting the rest of your order and replacements! -Eric Lago

Old 01-08-2004, 03:58 PM   #3
sputnik
I don't buy from them either for these reasons. It's pretty common with them!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Sybella
Every time I've had a problem, they've sent out a replacement within a week or so. I've spoken to Ken (the owner) privately a few times...he likes to check up on his employees but sometimes doesn't catch all that they do. What you should do is write them back again, at the regular email address and put "Attn: KEN!" in the subject line. Ken responds within 24 hours normally and I'm sure he'll make it up to you. When I've had to wait, they've tried to make it up to me by using an overnight shipping at no extra charge. I'm sure he'll want to do that with you too, rather than losing a customer. I only spent a 3rd of what you did each time and they said they valued me...so I'm sure they'll value you even more. LOL!

Old 01-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #5
Koviack
Who do you guys buy crickets from instead of Worm man?

Old 01-08-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
Brian Oakley
I think an overnight service should be a "given" being that we are talking live critters. Although they might just be food, a live healthy meal is better than a dead dried up one. As far as the order not being complete, I find NO reason for that even if they did make it up to me. What if you did not catch it? Are they shorting the number of crickets also. NOTE: Nothing proves they are, but it would make me wonder. Who goes and counts 3000 crickets to make sure their order is correct. The most important part of a business relationship is trust. This is up to the seller to make that trust, not the buyer.
Anyway, back to the point that prompted me to post in the first place, I have received crickets many times. They always came over night. I would not want OR expect anything other than that.
Just my thoughts.............as always.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:42 PM   #7
KelliH
I order all my bugs from Grubco. I have always been pleased with the quality from them.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:52 PM   #8
herpcondo
Sybella,....
I want to thank you for posting about your experiences with Ken at Wormman,,, i guess my question is why should i have to call 7 or 8 times to get a call back,,, why should i have to wait an additional week for the mealworms and when they do get here there are 1/3 dead mealworms and 1 pack instead of the 5 packs of cricket crystals i ordered,,, and why should i have to put "attn Ken" on an email to get a response form anyone up there,,,, During the summer i usually raise my own feeders,,, but i figured this winter with me traveling some i would just buy the crixs etc instead,,, i feel like a fool for that decision right now,,, i just took a 100 mile round trip to go and buy 300 crixs from a bait ship to feed the animals that i was suppose to feed with the crixs i was already suppose to have from Wormman,,,

Oh and on another note,, after i left yet another message letting them know that iw as leaving this thread,,, i finally get a call from omeone and they did not even leave a message on my answering machine,,, ( i saw the number on my caller ID) and an email saying it was shipped,,, but not including the shipping adress or anything to make sure it is even coming to the right place,,,
Why should it be acceptable for this kind of customer service,,,?
I hope Ken will ring in with his ideas on any of this,,,,

Old 01-08-2004, 07:00 PM   #9
Brian Oakley
I thought in fairness to Wormman I would add that I have never bought from them. My post above was more of a general statement not at them directly. My opinions above are something we should all remember.
Just my thoughts!

Old 01-08-2004, 07:14 PM   #10
HouseOfSerpents
I have to say that I have been ordering 1000 superworms a month from them for about 4-5 months. I haven't had any problems when I place an order. When the climate is harsh, I spend a couple extra $$$ for express delivery. Another option is to have your order held at the PO for pickup.

Jeff Craven
www.houseofserpents.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!